The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it worth it?

4 posters

Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Is it worth it?

Post by Grim-Raven Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:36 am

So... Here is the deal... I started Skyrim the day it came out. I played for a few weeks, then another game came out and Skyrim took the back burner. In YOUR opinions, I've been wondering if the game with the expansions is worth re-installing and playing again. Are people still playing? or has everyone moved onto another game?

Thanks.
Grim-Raven
Grim-Raven
Novice
Novice

Tagline Tagline : "That's what she said!"

Back to top Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it?

Post by [PDE]CptHaxMillan Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:30 am

I've played Oblivion with mods for aaages. I haven't actually played Skyrim yet. If you want to sink time, get Oblivion with mods and you'll never be done. If you're alright with shoddy levelling and a fantastic story, get Morrowind. Morrowind is really good. I can't believe you haven't played Morrowind. Where did you go wrong?
[PDE]CptHaxMillan
[PDE]CptHaxMillan
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:09 am

[PDE]CptHaxMillan wrote:I've played Oblivion with mods for aaages. I haven't actually played Skyrim yet. If you want to sink time, get Oblivion with mods and you'll never be done. If you're alright with shoddy levelling and a fantastic story, get Morrowind. Morrowind is really good. I can't believe you haven't played Morrowind. Where did you go wrong?

LOL I can't believe he isn't playing Skyrim with mods. It's like having DLC all the way up until the actual DLC released! There's one thing with Elder Scrolls that's a must - mods. I never stopped playing since day one. I may have took some breaks here and there, but I always check up on those mods.

For the big and crazy mods, it's recommended to have more than 1GB of video memory because it can get crazy. I'll have to find a few screenshots to show you what I mean. I have wars and monsters all over the land which otherwise, with vanilla Skyrim, would've been empty. I have random fights and events that just happen.

Check out the mods category in this section of the forums and also check out the screenshots area. I may start a Skyrim picture topic soon.

Edit: I played the mess out of Oblivion also
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim-Raven Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

That is pretty bad-ass.. I didn't even know you could do mods! Now to go rummage through disks to find the game and re install.
Grim-Raven
Grim-Raven
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim-Raven Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 am

Paul, I am installing Skyrim now, what mods do you suggest that are a "must have" to make my gaming experience funner?
Grim-Raven
Grim-Raven
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm currently playing Skyrim now. Cheap deal on steam.

What are these mods - and what is best ?
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Check out our Mods section here in this Skyrim area. I've been a bit behind, but I've also been trying to get comfortable with some mods before I recommend them.

If you want to add some more life to the female gender in the game, look no further than ADEC Body, which there's a link to that and other armors for that in this section. It will make the female gender a bit more realistic and add some variety. Also, don't forget to endorse if you install it.

There's the W.A.T.E.R. mod that enhances the worlds rivers, waterfalls, and other water locations.

There are city and town mods like Sexy Whiterun, Sexy Windhelm, etc. that changes the looks of those places and makes them much more appealing.

Cloaks of Skyrim adds cloaks to the town guards, specific, bandits, and other groups you may come across and you can even craft some for yourself. Fits the world very well.

Some of the other mods I would recommend when you have played the game quite a bit to know what you want to enhance or not. I have mods that spawn multiple people and creatures in the environment instead of the typical '3 people in a group' you will encounter most times. Some mods will depend on how well your PC can handle them.

http://www.pdelite.net/f21-mods-post-skyrim-mods-here
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks - I am afraid Skyrim has me in its grips at the mo, which is one of the reasons I've not been on the servers recently. And I have been away on golf break.

I will return - at some point when I get level 1million here clown
I have notated for you to keep alive the till Canon returns... albino
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down