The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim Mod - Grass On Steroids - a grass mod that gives FPS BOOST and Dense Grass

Go down

Skyrim Mod - Grass On Steroids - a grass mod that gives FPS BOOST and Dense Grass Empty Skyrim Mod - Grass On Steroids - a grass mod that gives FPS BOOST and Dense Grass

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri May 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Skyrim Mod - Grass On Steroids - a grass mod that gives FPS BOOST and Dense Grass Newbanner910x500
Grass on Steroids - a grass mod that gives FPS BOOST and Dense Grass

Author's Description:
Grass on Steroids is a personal mod that I would like to share with the rest of the community. I love playing hunting-themed gameplay and I was looking for the perfect grass mod that can make hunting more challenging and scary. I found a lot of mods that alter the density of grasses but none of them actually make the grasses taller and more spread out unevenly (most other grass density mods make grasses look like synthetic wheat fields which I don't like). Also, all of them can give you a massive FPS hit which breaks playability and immersion at high density settings. I created this mod with the aim of upgrading the role of grasses from mere aesthetics to become a part of gameplay immersion by making grassy terrains more surprising and challenging in combat. The result was a mod that is guaranteed to make grassy areas look beautifully wild and ruggedly challenging, which in my opinion is more realistic for a wild Skyrim environment. And best of all - it has minimal FPS hit and can even enhance the framerate. ======================================================================= What Grass on Steroids does: ======================================================================= Finally, a grass density enhancer mod that can boost your FPS instead of slowing you down - it makes grasses denser, taller and more realistic by unevenly distributing them. Now you can Create challenging grasslands for enhanced combat experience or simply make your game prettier (or have both) - all without worrying about FPS lag! 1. GRASS DENSITY INCREASED DYNAMICALLY - densities are individually set to the maximum amount applicable to each individual grass type (unlike other mods that just puts everything at 100% or 300%? density). Most densities are set above 100% with increments, so you'll get real thicker grasses. 2. GRASS HEIGHT INCREASED - makes grasses taller, with uneven height distribution for a wild-mix look. This was carefully adjusted to suit each individual grass-type. "Regular Edition" makes grass tall, "Goldilocks Edition" makes grass slightly taller and "Natural Edition" has no height increase. 3. GRASS ARE SPREAD-OUT UNEVENLY - This is something that no other grass mod has provided so far (mods I'm familiar with). This avoids the synthetic, super-smooth "wheat-field look", that is so ugly and unrealistic. 4. WIND MOVEMENT EFFECTS - Subtle wind movement effects were enhanced on some grasses for added immersion. This effect will be particularly noticeable with the beach grass in the north, tundra grass near Whiterun, the underwater kelp grass, etc. 5. MINIMAL FPS Hit - it is recommended to be used at iMinGrassSize=75 (not 20 or 30) or even higher (up to 128). The reason why other grass mods in the past has been slowing down your PC is because they recommend you to use 20 or 40. This mod will give you dense grass all the way up to 128 setting. 6. It can BOOST your FPS outdoors without sacrificing grass amount and density! (read on settings below on how you can do this!) ======================================================================= What it does NOT do: ======================================================================= - This does not change or overwrite any meshes or textures so it is perfectly compatible with Skyrim Flora Overhaul and Lush Grasses series mods - Grass on Steroids does not contain any cell or worldspace edits so it will not cause CTDs. - Grass on Steroids does not contain any scripts, so you can try it and remove it risk-free - it will not affect your saved games. wrote:

Settings:
"*Optimal Settings Set your grass density to 75 (or higher) in your skyrim.ini file or insert the below line: [Grass] iMinGrassSize=75 If you want thicker grass, you can set this at a lower number (around 40) but at the expense of FPS lag. If you want faster performance set it to 100. All screenshots were taken using the 75 setting. At iMinGrassSize=75 setting, it should work on most computers with MINIMAL FPS hit (Framerate differences will vary depending on your machine - you can tweak this setting until you find the "sweet spot" for your rig). "

*Troubleshooting:
If you can't see any difference in your grass density, make sure you have the below line in your skyrimprefs.ini under Grass section:
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=0
bAllowLoadGrass=0
bAllowCreateGrass=

You Can Get This Mod *RIGHT HERE*
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down