The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch Dogs Isn't A GTA Clone And The Stupidity

Go down

Watch Dogs Isn't A GTA Clone And The Stupidity Empty Watch Dogs Isn't A GTA Clone And The Stupidity

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Watch Dogs Isn't A GTA Clone And The Stupidity Watch_Dogs_MOTORCYCLE_STEAMPIPE_618x348
Source: Ubi

So... I browse the net from time to time looking for some Watch Dogs information or something patch related and the one common theme I keep seeing is the complaint that Watch Dogs is a GTA (Grand Theft Auto) clone. I really don't understand the confusion with these people. Either they've never played it or they think every open world city game has to be a GTA clone.

Besides being an open world city game, there's no comparisons or likenesses between the two games at all. It's hard for me to find any. So, I'm not sure where this is coming from unless it's hate-related or something. Yes, the game definitely has some bugs that has to be fixed, but the game is actually comparable to Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 3 than it will ever be to GTA. Takes place in an open city = GTA clone. Riiiiiight.

• In GTA, you can shoot while driving to handle certain situations. In Watch Dogs, you use your phone to hack many objects in the city while driving to get the job done.

• In GTA, you have hand-to-hand combat. In Watch Dogs, you have a melee takedown.

• In GTA, you have a lot of satire, joking and poking fun at real-life situations. In Watch Dogs, there's a more serious tone of the city.

• In GTA, you can rob cashiers and shoot people to get money. In Watch Dogs, you hack electronic items and peoples phones to get money at a nearby ATM.

• GTAIV ran and performed like a total catastrophe on the PC when it was released. Watch Dogs has stuttering issues for some people, but most can get it to run well with some tweaks. Actually, this is the closest comparison I could find lol - they both launched pretty bad on PC, but GTAIV takes top spot in that area.

You could go on and on, but fact is just because a game has an open world city doesn't automatically make it GTA when GTA does none of what Watch Dogs does and vice versa. One would do a much easier job of comparing Assassin's Creed/Far Cry 3 mechanics than GTA.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum