The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It?

+4
[PDE]Tifa
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
emse2
[PDE]PaulKersey
8 posters

Go down

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Empty Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It?

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm

With the state of Call Of Duty World at War being how it is currently, some of us have been looking into getting what we thought would be the next thing to move on to as far as dedicated servers go. However, there have been many different opinions on Battlefield 4 with some positive, but most negative. People are mostly saying it has issues with patches and other things. I created this topic for players to share their thoughts on if the game is worth getting or not. Let us know below.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Empty Re: Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It?

Post by emse2 Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:24 pm

As some of you may have noticed, i was not on-line in Cod5 for some time.this was because i was playing BF4.In the beginning there were many bugs like the 0HP-bug.Later bugs weren't that big problem, although there was the bipod-glitch and i died a lot even if i was covered ( by a wall ) in time.

I stopped playing because I had the feeling that i always was forced to join the loosing team.yea maybe that was my bad playstyle, but i known BF4 is a teambased gameplay and i tried a lot.thats one reason.
Another thing that made me crying: I bought premuim after a while, but shortly after that i realised, that the original maps are better and paying for premuim was an error, except for the weapons.These differences between normal/ premium weapons were also one of the main reasons why i stopped playing.

i love pistolonly e.g. and most of the players are using these premuim-weapons.Even if you join a normal server, 50%-75% is using these overpowered weapons.So in the end i could not find a good gaming-experience and de-installed this game and came back to WaW.

graphics and effects are useless if you can't have fun!

justmy2cents

edit: i would join Bf4 again if there is a PDE-Server !
emse2
emse2
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Empty Re: Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It?

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanks for the info emse2. I hope to see more from others as well.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:49 pm

I have been playing it a bit. I only have normal. I die a lot. Did not know about premium weapons - must be that rather than my skill LOL!

Am in the PDE clan for BF4 - not that I've ever played with any of the others on it.

But am trying to play Conquest modes. It is ok if you get a good squad. Otherwise it can be bad. Not had bugs. Large maps are good with lots of players like WaW.

I can drive but can't fly. Flying seems hard - and I just crash & burn, despite practice - still don't get that.

Have new PC machine and yet to put WaW back on - so not been on it since then. I think WaW is better game to be honest. However giving this a go whilst I rank up a bit till I get bored of it and then will be back on WaW.
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:50 pm

I will add - it is hard to get into at start. Big difference from WaW.

Seems to be hard to kill people. And the kill cam sucks - so takes a lot of learning about maps and spots etc. So is very frustrating for newbies.
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Tifa Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:05 am

i played it alot, this game most of best multiplayer game ever i have premium its all good u all should get this game and emse2 there is no bugs after all update.
Tifaz Peace
[PDE]Tifa
[PDE]Tifa
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=583877739

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Thanos Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:18 pm

Hmm ever thought of team fortress 2? It's a really fun game and also underestimated by CoD players this game's hella fun but there are a lot of dedicated servers so it's gonna be pretty hard to find people.
[PDE]Thanos
[PDE]Thanos
Trooper
Trooper

Tagline Tagline : Tons Of Damage

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]GSXDream Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:28 pm

I played BF4 for about 7 months now, maybe two hours a day. I agree with most of the comments that have already been posted. I don't find problems in the game and patches horrible though. The only one that was awful was the one where you'd lose environmental sound after a team scored 100 tickets, because you couldn't hear footsteps or gun fire to tell opponent direction after that. But none of the others have bothered me too much.

It is a hard game to start out and get better at if you hadn't played any of the previous BF. It is run and gun, but not anything like WaW. Like all games, you really need to get to know the maps and get to know where people tend to stray towards on the map. The run and gun here needs to be careful and methodical, or you will be killed pretty often. Learning curve is steep to get decent, you just need to hang in there, try to earn all guns so you can try them out, and keep at it.

I had previously played Medal of Honor for a very short period, and thought it was too slow/sneaky/camper friendly, so I didn't play it for long. And I sucked. So I really didn't have much exposure to the game play of BF. After playing for a while now though, I do like the playing dynamics. I like that there are medics that can revive and heal, and support that supplies additional ammo. It's just a very different and refreshing game play. It does really encourage teamwork to win in the end, even with team death match. A player can be high on the standings after a game due to points, without having killed a ton of people. But they helped the team by healing/reviving, spotting, or supplying ammo.

It sounds dumb, but the toughest thing to get good at was aiming and shooting. At first I couldn't hit much at all. You really do need to be aware of the gun you're using, and the distance of your target to account for bullet drop. That, and lots of recoil on some guns, make it difficult to get good. But as you progress, get better weapons through earning them, and get more practice, it gets better. Eventually, as in all games, you'll find guns you're better at than others and have favorites. I now play mostly with Scar-H, LSAT, or SRR-61 depending on the maps and what class I choose for that map. Occasionally I'll throw in the AWS and Bulldog, but I still can't control the recoil of the Bulldog unless I throw it into single shot firing mode :-/

I can't comment on any other game play but Team Deathmatch, because that's what I enjoy playing. I did play Conquest for a short time in order to obtain a few weapons, but not long enough to comment on it. Team Death Match is run and gun as I mentioned, but careful run and gun. I'd say there's not a lot of camping (there still is some) because, as with most games, staying in one place usually gets you killed, unless you're on a big map.

Kill cam does suck majorly. It doesn't show your death, it shows the person that killed you from the moment they killed you on. Sometimes it seems the kill cam isn't showing the correct person that killed you though. So with that kill cam, it's harder to tell if someone has aimbot or wall hacks. When you first start, you think many people are using them. But with more game play time, you realize it's just the way the game play of the game is. It takes into account bullet flight time, so you can shoot a pretty long distance, duck behind something, and hit and kill someone.  As I played more and more, I realized what I used to think was cheating was just the way the game hit detection worked.

I think BF4 is a game that you'd just need to consciously give it a chance. It is frustrating to start out playing, but it does get better as you progress.
[PDE]GSXDream
[PDE]GSXDream
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by conmansoljah Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:19 pm

i like bf4 plays good but not as good as bf3.. guns in bf4 are pretty hard to master and the choppers seem really weak and no where to hide from missiles.
the shot gun is probally my best gun as it works really well. Also the maps on bf4 are average most of them are big and open with little cover witch is bad.
conmansoljah
conmansoljah
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:43 pm

conmansoljah wrote:i like bf4 plays good but not as good as bf3.. guns in bf4 are pretty hard to master and the choppers seem really weak and no where to hide from missiles.
the shot gun is probally my best gun as it works really well. Also the maps on bf4 are average most of them are big and open with little cover witch is bad.
Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to see we are getting a lot of info here, especially from GSXDream. +1 to the both of you. Would like to see more.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Taj Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:00 pm

I believe and think that a game should be a celebration of player freedom, a game about things you can do,a game anyone can play in the way that suits them best, it’s about answering “yes,” to the “can I…” question. Battlefield 4 has exited its own Early Access Period, dreadful were Battlefield’s 4 early days.

“How is the game Taj?” asked one of my friends and i said “Battlefield 4 is a symptom of the real problem”

So what is the real problem?

The problem starts when the former CEO of EA John Riccitiello does this
Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? 2014-110
=========================================
Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? 2014-111
==============================

I have actively played call of duty from 2003 till call of duty 4, I have spent hours on Call of Duty 4, I stayed away from WaW  cause its got a terrible problem(which I wont discuss it here)that I cant handle. I just didn’t care about the upcoming one’s cause I didn’t like the direction where it was heading . At some point Call of Duty’s worlds do not exist as real spaces to be interacted with, but as arena’s for combat. Their enemies are targets not opponents, curated experiences that inhibits player choices,options diluted,dedicated servers became dedicated bullshit!

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Troll10
======================================================

I think call of duty vs battlefield debate is one of the stupid things going around the internet. Instead of comming up with new ip EA looked up the existing well known ip’s and try to find out which one of these are possible candidates to be turned into call of duty competitor,because there must be a reason to convince these players who buys new call of duty’s every year to buy their game instead.

I have seen this call of duty paint job on many franchises like Medal of Honor for example which they revived to compete against call of duty,just to run the entire franchise to the ground, another one is Dead Space with every new release less horror more action. Resident Evil very less horror and more action, Mass Effect same shit less rpg focus and more action, and the action became so intense they forgot a proper ending for ME 3. Dragon Age the first one was epic.when it comes to Dragon age 2 let me quote from an interview with DA 2 senior producer Fernando Melo

“We have data that shows there are a lot of people that enjoy playing RPGs although they won’t necessarily call them RPGs. They’ll play Fallout, Assassin’s Creed and even Call Of Duty, which have these progression elements – you’re putting points into things – but they don’t necessarily associate that as an RPG. So we think that if we expand that out we’ll attract a much bigger audience.”
And you know what happened when DA 2 got released

Splinter Cell, another example which has fallen into this mess, and its not because they evolved its coz the publisher wants the franchise to generate more and more money they want to get to the sales figures that call of duty got.

There are other titles that I could say but it would be a huge damn list

Now I have played bf 1942 along with battlefield 1942 secret weapons of WWII, battlefield Vietnam, battlefield bad company 2,battlefield 3 and battlefield 4

I now own bf 2 with all expansions. Bf 2142,bf bad company 2,bf 3 premium, bf 4 limited edition
My opinions are shaped from my experiences with battlefield games

I have spent quite amount of time investing in bf bad company 2, battlefield 3, battlefield 4
I recently am spending much more time in battlefield 2

So what happened to the bf franchise why did it go upside down?

To me EA created bad company ip to focus and to compete against call of duty atleast attract some of its players but even though bad company 1 and 2 were success EA was not entirely happy so they tried again by turning the main bf franchise into something that should be appealing to call of duty fans. Marketing the main product in its franchise,a well known product is much more easy than marketing a new ip.

Ultimately all of this lead to battlefield 4, to me this game cant be fixed, patches will only help to a point.For me battlefield 3 is a much less horrible game than battlefield 4,I enjoy playing battlefield 3 than battlefield 4.

But why Taj is it less horrible ?

To answer that we have to return to battlefield 2. This game is one of few games that actually is THE top notch quality make why? Everything was BALANCED. To me this is THE GAME where MEDIC’s where MEDIC’s, ENGINEERS where ENGINEERS.
CLASSES were given proper PURPOSE

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Header10
=======================================

At some point DICE decides to bring health regen to its new generation of battlefield products,I am not against the entire health regen but what I am against is the implementation of this system on the game,  BF 3 ,BF 4 doesn’t have the option to turn the system off, health regen further reduces dependency on medics this was not the case in bf 2, in the given situation u would keep the medic alive on the battlefield coz u know he is the only one that can revive and give u health and the WORST one is the REGEN system on the VEHICLES,  reducing the dependency on engineers EVERY VEHICLE,JETS,HELI’S have a MAGIC HEALTH that at somepoint u take cover and hide that’s right far away from where u are getting shot at, it slowly regenerates. This system completely destroyed the pace of the game, now the gameplays are on a fast pace. BF 2 didn’t have this system if the heli get shot in bf 2 u have to go back to the helipad or u have to get to an engineer to fix it. that actually gives SPACE and TIME to the infantry guys. Jet’s should return to jet strip for reapirs and rearm.Infnite ammo for Heli’s and jet’s together with health regen this is the reason why heli’s and jet’s are overpowered.

Many of you reading this have played  the MAP HAINAN REOSRT, the map is good but problem is this map’s got an AH-6J Littlebird(Heli) now if it happens that there is a gifted pilot in the team he can completely OWN the entire map with this aerial vehicle.

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Hainan10
=======================================================

I have witnessed it with guys getting 50 – 4 K/D ratio, and it gets worst when an engineer is sitting right next to the vehicle where he can perform on the fly repairs so not only does the vehicle posses regen, the process become faster when engineer is repairing it asasp when the vehicle is getting shot!, this is a face palm to the players actually shooting at the littlebird. This regen system removed teamwork aspect of engineers and medics.

Now talking about the K/D ratio,battlefield  was never about k/d ratio, what the game encouraged was and is teamplay, now in the new generation of bf series it has become a disaster. Here we have a map called OPERATION LOCKER

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Ifecwz10
=============================================

This is a zoomed in version of this map, players who are familiar with this map knows exactly the proper routes. Now mind you this is a conquest mode being played out in OPERATION LOCKER. As u can clearly see most players are concentrated in the CHOKE POINT between C and B it’s a passage way where both teams come and shoot at each other, very few squads even go through the other passage way which is through the outside. Now look at D there is no reinforcements in D no squads At D  same goes to B and worst is for A. Everyones running to the choke point to vomit bullets,throw grenades,flashbang, even if it happened that gun is throwable they will even throw the damn gun. Even most amazing is, players run through the conquest points they don’t mind to lower the flag they just want to get to the enemy positions to get the kill. This map is hands down the worst map in the game. It only encourages players towards K/D.

Another one is 3D spotting. This feature kills any chance for tactics or stealth,it also causes you to just shoot in the direction of the triangle appearing above enemy soldiers,you are not required to actually identify your target visually this feature greatly lowers the skill requirements and this is why this goes to the group called EASY MODE

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? 18470110
=====================================================

Squad Spawning,that u can spawn on any of the squad members and not just the squad leader increases the pace of the game.because squad members are less likely to stick with the squad leader and even protect him this greatly reduces the value of the squad leader role as well as the teamwork aspect of the game, it also makes the game much more forgiving as u have 4 mobile spawn points that could be anywhere around the map.

Unlimited sprint this also increases the pace of the game and makes the game more forgiving as u can get out of tight situations that u got yourself into because you were not thinking, you also don’t need to stick to the cover that much because u don’t need to wait for your stamina to fill up again.when u have stamina in the game u can give it to each class to get a different feel, a sense of weight so that a support class would be able to sprint less than a light recon can. Each class needs clear pro’s and con’s so that u see and feel the benefit of working and sticking together with other players in your squad that uses different classes.

Chain of command basically it is just broken the commander was turned into a tablet minigame and is just useless, squad leader is just no more than a mobile spawn point,most people just wouldn’t even bother to give order. Chat and comrose are watered down and is a complete disaster. If u have played battlefield 2 u know how brilliant was comrose and chat system. I don’t understand how they could do such a bad job in bf 3 and bf 4.

Unlock and progression system this is something dice la seems puzzled about.Their idea for battlefield 4 was that more is always better, you have to unlock the same sight for every single gun individually, you have to unlock 5 guns you don’t want to get the one that you do want. Also u still have to start with the basic gear like if u want to play as a medic guess what u don’t have a defribilator. In vehicles u have to unlock gun’s and missiles who think that they will be outgunned against more experienced players.Then there are rank’s,ribbons,medals,etc. this ends up meaningless since u end up getting them many many times at the end of the round for no reason. There is no sense of achievement in current progression system and the XP Boost’s make it worst.
Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Maxres10

Have u seen people run from one flag to the another even if the flag behind them is getting neutralised? Turn around and defend it,not happening

Design choices which makes little to no sense like the len’s flares,if in domination or teamdeath match the spawn system decides to spawn you against the sun then you will have a hard time to get somewhere. This has nothing to do with using the sun for tactic’s this is the art department deciding what will be done and not the game designer.

Another topic is the viewing distance. In bf 3 we have seen how the removal of the fog we have in bf 2 can harm the gameplay on the map especially if u have 3d spotting in your game STRIKE AT KARKAND and SHARQUI PENINSULA are prime examples of this. I don’ suggest to put thick fog of bf 2 into this game, it was put into bf 2 mainly because the graphic cards at the time were not powerfull to have higher viewing distances but what map needs is some sort of cover or something to conceal your approach otherwise tactics and stealth is not possible.

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Battle12
================================================

Map loadings, before battlefield 3 the game always loads the next map in the background while you where looking at your stats in the end of round screen. In battlefield 3, battlefield 4 and hardline the end of round screen is a physical element of the map and so it is no longer able to load the next map in the background. I Have no clue why this was done coz in the end of round screen we have in this games is nothing special that doesn’t add to the game.all I see is a timer that decides when u have to get out of the end of round screen and it forces you out.

One of the strongest backbone of the bf franchise and the community was the mod support. I guess there are many players who buy the game just to play a specific modification because they didn’t like the vanilla game. Also total conversion mods like PROJECT REALITY, FORGOTTEN HOPE,PIRATES and many more. Also lots of community maps,the ability to create custom maps and modify the game was very helpful for the community and also lets not forget machinima directors the ability modding scene gave to them complete freedom for their story. You want to create a female soldier model? No problem just built one. Mod support was one of the driving factor which made battlefield franchise so popular in the first place and why bf 2 is still played today even when EA shut down its servers. The community just created their own backyard setup to replace the gamespy setup. I hope frostbite engine could have a level editor or mod support,The engine is not too complex but it was not planned when the engine was still at the drawing board and BATTLELOG has no way to support mods or even custom or community maps atm. All of that can be added I don’t understand the technical reason behind this.

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Projec10
====================================================
For all the battlefield titles before bad company before frostbite engine, we could download battlefield serverfiles unranked ofcourse,why was this a good thing ?
Think about lan party,to have 32 players in one building and have all of them connected to a server that is hosted somewhere around the game server provider is a very bad idea but this is what we currently have to do in frostbite engine games. What you want and u need is a local server for such cases,this will give u a hit reg that is just perfect.  Unranked serever files are great for the community.
Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? 08120510
====================================================

The BATTLERECORDER where is it ??

This is what the server side recorder in battlefield 2 and 2142 was called. If u don’t know what that is then it is like when in the server u enable a function and once u did that the server will create a demo file for every round you played on it. Into that file It does not record a video it records what every single player has been doing while he was on the server. In a nutshell it is like taking your keystrokes, mouse input or gamepad input and write that into a text file. Inside the game u have a battle recorder entry,here you will find the recorded matches that u played on servers which have the battle recorder enabled, you could then download that demo file in the server that u played on and watch it, u can use the free cam to fly around u can pause the video and fast forward etc this function is simply INCREDIBLE! Think about bf moments u just had the epic thing happened to you or near you so you just go to bf recorder section and download the demo file and record it. U can pan the camera the possibilities are limitless. With this tool u could create stunning cinematics / montages and also look at previous matches to improve what could have been done better or what could have gone wrong in the matches. It can be used to find hackers if u think u have a cheat on the server u could just upload the demo to the site http://www.ggc-stream.net/ they will then analyse the data and look for traces of aimbots or wallhacks. So battle recorder or server side demo recording is an extremely powerful tool that adds value to the game It has to be included in every game of the battlefield family.

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Battle13
Creating a single player for a game cause as much money as creating the multiplayer part of the game and more. Now look at BF 3 and BF 4 singleplayer  did their 4 hour long single player justify that amount of money spend on creating it ? why do you play battlefield ? how much time u spend on the single player ? how much in multiplayer? While I enjoy singleplayer in bad company 2 bf 3 and bf 4 single player are horrible it acts as a “do what I tell u” shooter. You are not allowed to go out of the specific area game decides. For example bf 4 single player first level u have bunch of guys taking cover u need to go underlevel and open a door and the door is opened by placing c4 but since u try to ignore the enemies and get past them the game wont allow you to place c4 coz your friends are waiting for the enemy in the first floor  where the enemy does not appear. And I am here down stairs launching grenades and try to blast the wall with c4 and look at that it’s a wooden door it wont break open even with a c4. if the studio is not confident about its single player don’t release the single player use that fraction of money to focus on multiplayer as this is where player will spend 99.9% of his time.

I think I shared my major concerns I am having with battlefield 3 and battlefield 4

As  u have seen I have used bf 2 for a lot of reference,well was bf 2 perfect? Well ofcourse no it had its share of problems and no same player wants exact same copy of the game to be REMASTERED. There are players who are competitive and hate it when the game is put into EASY MODE by the developers. The real problem we have is the publisher and the studio not willing to optimize the game for each platform and only target one kind of gamers with all their games instead of trying to have a family of games that target different types of gamers or just offer them variety.

Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? 1e9d3710
===================================================

What we and the battlefield franchise as a whole needs is diversity ,we do not want to see the same game reskinned 3 or 4 times. With the strong ip’s battlefield, bad company,Hardline EA has a lineup at their hand’s to attract many different kinds of gamer’s and not just one. Hardline a fast paced infantry focused game. Bad company Designed similar as battlefield but much more condensed and no jets, focus on humor and personality make this series special and keep it simple too.

Battlefield the hardcore experience with a steep learning curve, challenging gameplay and progression system,combined arms,all out warfare on huge scale maps where teamwork truly matters(MULTIPLAYER ONLY WITH MOD SUPPORT). I believe if EA creates a strong line between its products and cater to different players then we would have satisfied players in the battlefield family.
Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Hard10
=============================
Please don’t think my opinions are hatred towards dice, I love battlefield franchise, I love DICE, and I think the calamity caused by BF 4 is a good thing to happen to DICE and EA, it had made them to rethink and reorganize the way they approach gamers,and  also delaying Hardline is the best choice they made so they have time to polish and have a good launch.

And I appreciate the effort and importantly commitment put in by DICE LA for fixing and releasing the patches, with the latest patch they have improved the movement. And with the upcoming update they are improving objective based gameplay reducing the dependency on k/D ratio.

As of the current state of BF 4 I wont recommend it to the clan to be honest I would  recommend BF 3 because as stated before its less horrible . And I also think that PDE deserves to be in battlefield because its where team work and most importantly communication  matters the most.

In an era of “do what I tell u” shooters I expect a genre to be much more than than mere pointing and clicking on things until they die.

Thank you for sharing your precious time to read my post. Thanking you for barely holding out till the end. And to all my friends,haters and lovers  PEACE

Totalbiscuits response to modern single player

If doom was done today

If quake was done today

===============================================================
Battlefield 4 Opinion - Should We Get It? Dsvrio10
[PDE]Taj
[PDE]Taj
Persistent Moderator
Persistent Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:44 pm

DAAAAMMNNNN TAJ!! That post is from a true BF fan! Well, the things you speak about this game, I feel like this about other games I like as well. In order to try and gain as many sales as possible, a publisher will take an existing franchise and transform it to try and make it so appealing to non-fans that it loses it's essence. This is the era we are in today.

This is a great post and it's in such detail that it will either sway one to pick it up, or shoo a lot of people away. I think what you wrote may attract players that are used to CoD and that's what they were going for, but like I said about another game - why can't they just make an entirely new franchise with all of those elements in it? EA is huge. They don't need to flip the BF series for that. I know that's what Medal Of Honor was for and it didn't work, but they need to look at something like Homefront if they want to achieve that.

I had a good laugh at some of the comments. OPERATION LOCKER/METRO is BF's Dome/Killhouse/Nuketown from CoD and they are very popular. Sometimes, players just want to let it all out for a moment and those are the maps for that. I played on a couple of maps and had some good moments like parashooting from the top of a building and killing some snipers on the rooftop of another building and saving my teammates. Then, there was another map where too much blended together where you didn't know if it was a person or an object littered around the map sometimes. My time with the game was too short due to browser errors on how you have to join a server. I wish they would go back to ingame server browsing, but maybe they have their purposes for it.

I gotta say thanks for writing all that. It's nicely detailed and I do think we should be in Battlefield at some point, but I think it's going to take starting a clan movement inside of BF for PDE to progress over there.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down