The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanently banned (due to reload cancelling?)

+2
[PDE]OM3GA_
Valachio
6 posters

Go down

2 - Permanently banned (due to reload cancelling?) Empty Permanently banned (due to reload cancelling?)

Post by Valachio Tue May 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Hello there, first time posting here. I was perma-banned yesterday, which is probably due to reload cancelling as I've had warnings in the past.

Sorry if I come off as being disrespectful, I'm trying to change my habit of reload cancelling but I don't see why it is illegal. It is not hacking and I don't even think you can call it as abusing game mechanics. If it truly is cheating, I'm pretty sure Treyarch would've patched it.

Main reason I'm a bit upset by this is because I used to play Call of Duty semi-professionally, and I've always cancelled my reloads. Everybody did because it gave skillful players a slight advantage as reload cancelling requires timing and finger coordination. Failing a reload cancel is pretty much going to get you killed in a tense situation. Doing a success reload cancel on the other hand, can save your life.

I apologize if I caused unfairness in the game server. I try to be as respectful as I can. PDE's servers are the only good vanilla servers out there. All the other servers are Hardcore or modded, which I don't like.

Thanks for reading this semi-long post. I wish you a good day.

Valachio
Valachio
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

2 - Permanently banned (due to reload cancelling?) Empty Re: Permanently banned (due to reload cancelling?)

Post by [PDE]OM3GA_ Tue May 05, 2015 10:08 pm

As the first you was warned few times (warned, kicked, temp banned). All those warnings shows you the #3 rule of our servers (which say "no reload cancels"). All those warnings didnt show any result or change from your side. You still doing this on all weapons(!)

The second thing is that reload cancels are not fair to other players. And if you wanted to play on our servers you should to respect rules. Especially this rule saying about cancelling reloads. Yesterday you was perm banned on #2 server by me for that and today temp banned for 1 day by other admin on #1 server. It didnt teach you yet that we will not respect rule breakers?
[PDE]OM3GA_
[PDE]OM3GA_
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Blue&Yellow

Back to top Go down

2 - Permanently banned (due to reload cancelling?) Empty Re: Permanently banned (due to reload cancelling?)

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue May 05, 2015 10:22 pm

What crew/group are you with? I did watch an admin try to talk to you, but you ignored him all the way to this point.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valachio Wed May 06, 2015 5:06 am

I'm not with any groups/crew. I just play for fun. Sorry about going into server #1 and getting banned as well lol. I seriously try not to do it, but it is such a natural thing for me since I've been doing it for literally 7 years of playing COD.

I respect your decision of banning me, I was breaking the rules. However I don't 100% agree with your point that I was being unfair to other players as reload cancelling is a skill that could be learned by any player and available for everyone. It is game mechanics.

In terms of ignoring mods trying to talk to me, I don't intentionally try to ignore them. I rarely check the text messages during a game. I will definitely respond if I see the message.

Anyways, I don't think it's worth unbanning me since I'll just break the rules again. Best of luck to PDE and I hope you guys will reconsider your rule #3
Valachio
Valachio
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Wed May 06, 2015 7:08 am

That part in rule3 was added due to specific sniper and wallhack groups using the glitch. It's not a game feature as it wasn't intended to be. It can also be made a bind or script. There's a perk that is faster at achieving that. If you need to use that or anything else, check out 94.23.26.17:28965. They allow it all from that to rapid fire rifles.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]-Jano- Wed May 06, 2015 2:27 pm

[PDE]PaulKersey wrote: If you need to use that or anything else, check out 94.23.26.17:28965. They allow it all from that to rapid fire rifles.

I doubt it. He likes ours servers exactly because this rule. He is there the only one doing it...so he can have his advantage. Smile
[PDE]-Jano-
[PDE]-Jano-
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valachio Wed May 06, 2015 5:59 pm

-Jano- wrote:
[PDE]PaulKersey wrote: If you need to use that or anything else, check out 94.23.26.17:28965. They allow it all from that to rapid fire rifles.

I doubt it. He likes ours servers exactly because this rule. He is there the only one doing it...so he can have his advantage. Smile
I wasn't going to reply back to this thread but I don't understand why you would toss this comment in here. You're assuming that I'm this evil asshole that's trying to make a worse gaming experience for other people. And the fact that you say I'm the ONLY one doing it a total fallacy. I've seen other people do reload cancels in killcams. It doesn't happen very often but I've definitely seen it happen. I don't bitch about it because I naturally do it too.

PDE is one of the only low ping vanilla servers for me. Do you think I want to ruin my future chances of playing on this server if I can help it? I play CoD for fun when I'm not occupied with real life. I'm not a troll that tries to purposely offend other people. You, however, are.
Valachio
Valachio
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]-Jano- Wed May 06, 2015 6:10 pm

I dont asume anything good or bad about anyone I dont know. That goes for you too. I dont think you trying to make game worse for others too. You just making it better for yourself. And I certainly dont buy the story that its a habit you cant get rid of. Hell just change key mapping and you wont do it accidentaly or on purpose, whatever the cause. And there are not people using reload cancel except for a short time like you now, know very well. And I mainly wrote it as a joke, asuming it logical, to be a better fun playing it somewhere you are almost unique. One of the reasons for cheating all other ways in my opinion.
[PDE]-Jano-
[PDE]-Jano-
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valachio Wed May 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Didn't realize you were making a joke. The way I do reload cancelling is by switching weapons twice (pressing '1' twice). I can't really change key mapping for that.

This is indeed a habit that I can't get rid of. Like I said, I've been doing this for 7 years. Plus, I don't want to change my habit just for this server. I play other CODs as well and I've never ran into a server that illegalizes reload cancelling.

Either way, sorry for all my posts. It's not constructive any longer. I will stop posting from now on. Thanks for responding.
Valachio
Valachio
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Wed May 06, 2015 9:34 pm

You don't have to respond if you don't want, but again, check out 94.23.26.17:28965. They allow a lot.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valachio Thu May 07, 2015 2:23 am

I will thanks
Valachio
Valachio
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE] The Road Thu May 07, 2015 11:42 am

I've seen Valachio play, he is amazing. I'd rather keep you on the server, if you can kill the habbit.
[PDE] The Road
[PDE] The Road
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nodyssey Fri May 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Hey Valachio, while I don't know if you'll see this, I want to say that I agree with you. Reload-cancelling is a habit that I've picked up, and I use in just about every FPS that I play.

I would argue that it's not cheating/glitching, as it's not exploitation of an issue that persists only in Call of Duty, but rather a tactic that, when executed properly, allows you to play more effectively. Drop shotting, reticle camping, and grenade spamming, while arguably just as "cheap" or "unfair", are also tactics that are used by players to perform better, while not necessarily being "true to the spirit of the game".

As far as I understand it, the issue with reload cancelling is that there have been quite a few people that use macros or scripts to exploit that gameplay mechanic to an inhuman level of precision, giving them an unfair advantage that doesn't reflect their actual skill. Because this isn't anywhere near as obvious as an aimbotter or a wallhacker, it's much more difficult for the admins to differentiate between cheaters and skilled players.

While it may not be the most agreeable course of action, banning reload-cancelling as a whole is likely the most effective option, as it removes the conflict of "legit or not" entirely. Yeah it sucks, but it's intended to help deal with cheaters, not gimp skilled players.
Nodyssey
Nodyssey
Amateur
Amateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Nodyssey Fri May 08, 2015 6:06 pm

-Edit to above post. down here because the forum is silly-
I was a bit off.
The rule was put in place specifically because of clans that would come pub stomp on the server, wrecking everybody with PTRS's and pro-tier reload-switching.
It IS supposed to balance the playing field, to make it easier for everyone to have fun while playing.
Still unfortunate, but there are still reasons behind it.
Nodyssey
Nodyssey
Amateur
Amateur

Back to top Go down

Post by Valachio Fri May 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Nodyssey wrote:Hey Valachio, while I don't know if you'll see this, I want to say that I agree with you. Reload-cancelling is a habit that I've picked up, and I use in just about every FPS that I play.

I would argue that it's not cheating/glitching,  as it's not exploitation of an issue that persists only in Call of Duty, but rather a tactic that, when executed properly, allows you to play more effectively. Drop shotting, reticle camping, and grenade spamming, while arguably just as "cheap" or "unfair", are also tactics that are used by players to perform better, while not necessarily being "true to the spirit of the game".

As far as I understand it, the issue with reload cancelling is that there have been quite a few people that use macros or scripts to exploit that gameplay mechanic to an inhuman level of precision, giving them an unfair advantage that doesn't reflect their actual skill. Because this isn't anywhere near as obvious as an aimbotter or a wallhacker, it's much more difficult for the admins to differentiate between cheaters and skilled players.

While it may not be the most agreeable course of action, banning reload-cancelling as a whole is likely the most effective option, as it removes the conflict of "legit or not" entirely. Yeah it sucks, but it's intended to help deal with cheaters, not gimp skilled players.
I cannot have said this better. However rules are rules I suppose.

[PDE] The Road wrote:I've seen Valachio play, he is amazing. I'd rather keep you on the server, if you can kill the habbit.
Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately I find it unlikely to kick a habit I've been doing for 7 years.
Valachio
Valachio
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down