The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M1 Garand sniper scope?

4 posters

Go down

M1 Garand sniper scope? Empty M1 Garand sniper scope?

Post by [PDE]CallumIngham Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:03 am

Is the sniper scope on the m1 garand allowed? me and my friend just spent some time getting unlocks but when my friend eventually got it, he joined and it was just a normal M1 garand with no attachments

[PDE]CallumIngham
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

M1 Garand sniper scope? Empty Re: M1 Garand sniper scope?

Post by DancingMad Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:14 am

I never had a problem on the US server.

Hopefully Pol Khresei chimes in.
DancingMad
DancingMad
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE] The Road Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:26 am

Server 1 has raised damage, which turns scoped garand into an ultimate 1 shot weapon. Campers loved it. Non-campers hated it.
[PDE] The Road
[PDE] The Road
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]CallumIngham Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Awww man, that sucks, but I guess I can see why it would be banned. It's such a shame because it turns that gun from one of the worst on the game to one of the best, it takes a lot of hard work to get to the sniper scope if you do it legit

[PDE]CallumIngham
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:14 pm

CallumIngham wrote:but I guess I can see why it would be banned. It's such a shame because it turns that gun from one of the worst on the game to one of the best

I agree Callum. I always refer to a round I was spectating on Makin Day. The top 3 people on each team had the scoped Garand. They all stayed in one place on the map and just clicked away. Their ratios were like 10/1, 15/1, 8/1, etc. If they'd ever get killed for whatever reason, they would just go right back to the same location ('ipix' style) and click away again stacking up one hit kills and killstreaks like crazy (you should've seen the console messages).

Treyarch was definitely rushing when they made this game because some of its influence, or maybe even copy-and-paste, is from a CoD4 sniper that is also in the assault class as well. So, what we have here is the sniper variant from CoD4 made into a scoped attachment on WaW, giving it high damage. Since we don't have hardcore servers and the damage was raised slightly for all weapons on Server 1, (it was the only TDM server we had at the moment, so people from the US and other parts of the world had to play there as well) it made a real big mess here.

Server 2 is in the US and has everything default, so it's used there.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]CallumIngham Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Yeah man, this game is amazing as it is, imagine if Treyarch had an extra year to work on it, I'm pretty sure they found stuff in the games code for weapons that were British and such, could have had so much more better features

[PDE]CallumIngham
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down