The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PDE Ultimate Server Suggestions And Complaints

+6
[PDE]MikeScofield
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Rantanrave
[PDE]Kokomaaab
[PDE]*Black*Falcon*
[PDE]PaulKersey
10 posters

Go down

PDE Ultimate Server Suggestions And Complaints Empty PDE Ultimate Server Suggestions And Complaints

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:14 am

This topic will be especially good for Black Falcon and Tifa. List here what you think we should change, what you think we should remove, or what ever you feel below.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

PDE Ultimate Server Suggestions And Complaints Empty The Server Is Sad

Post by [PDE]*Black*Falcon* Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:51 pm

I Think We Shouldn't make any changes on the main server. Not Many PPL Like Changes Most Of them Doesnot I know How PPL Think And I Know What They Want . And I Care About The Server And the ppl More Than Myself. Lately The Server Was Rank 2 .. If We Go On Like That We Will Back To 20 . The server Always Had More Than 12 Players At least . It was Full For Days Night And Day . But Now Look How The Server Is Sad .. 10 (MAX) During The Day 2 player (MAX) Night .. U SEE Any Progress ????
The Server Will Go Down , The Efforts We Made Will B In vain .. I Didn't Sleep For days Just To Get ppl o The Server And Keep It safe And I Succeeded in That . But This Wont Make Any success Alastora . And Dont Expect PPL To Come Like Befor Even If We Returned Back To Normal .
Finally I Just wanna Say Keep The Server Normal I Suggest Nothing .. Just Saving Our Server From Being A Sad Server . Make Up Ur Mind About This . This Is my Opinion And It's real Thought Not Imagination Or Something Cuz U Can Go To The Server Any Time And See What I am Talkin About. U can ask PPLs opinion About That . And Remember We Do EveryThing So That PPL Enjoy Do u Think They Enjoy This ???!!!
[PDE]*Black*Falcon*
[PDE]*Black*Falcon*
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

PDE Ultimate Server Suggestions And Complaints Empty Re: PDE Ultimate Server Suggestions And Complaints

Post by [PDE]Kokomaaab Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Well my opinion is this:
We must bring it back to normal.
Going into details... The mod looks pretty good with all those new sounds, continuous killsreaks and the rest but the population has gone down as fuck. Unfortunately people see the download and they press ESC. People just don't like new things. They like the known normal TDM. (Talking always about the majority). Another point is even if the mod is very small, a lot of people get stuck in the server.

Anyway, we all know that the mod will be shut down by today. The only thing i'm afraid of is that we have lost already players and probably even regulars..

I want to thank Kersey for his great work and his searching and I believe we can still have those great maps in the 1st server. Maybe one or two maps wouldn't hurt. We can still play new maps when we have a clan war though. The last thing I want to add is, even though sometimes I get mad when our server rank goes bad, I think we actually have to look to entertain the players more than just be 1st. Our server is the best anyway. Neither edited or edited are good servers. They are always full though. Our server is the safest, the most proper. Best everything.

PDE
[PDE]Kokomaaab
[PDE]Kokomaaab
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : TeamFuckmatch! Noone fucks alone!

Back to top Go down

PDE Ultimate Server Suggestions And Complaints Empty Re: PDE Ultimate Server Suggestions And Complaints

Post by [PDE]Rantanrave Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 pm

I have always loved our normal server, and now it is down. Whats going on here, I am completely lost.
[PDE]Rantanrave
[PDE]Rantanrave
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:42 pm

[PDE]Rantanrave wrote:I have always loved our normal server, and now it is down. Whats going on here, I am completely lost.

It isn't down. Join the same IP. It's still there. Info is on the other topic.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Well I really like the new mod and sounds.

I hope it gets put somewhere. The trouble with new things is it takes time for people to like them.

I hope we can put it somewhere...
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]MikeScofield Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Heh, mod is pretty nice, but in my opinion it shouldnt be on our primary server, we cant force other players to play something new, we will rather lost some publics. And i think that should be only new maps, not stock one Smile
[PDE]MikeScofield
[PDE]MikeScofield
Persistent Moderator
Persistent Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:58 pm

[PDE]Gannicus wrote:Heh, mod is pretty nice, but in my opinion it shouldnt be on our primary server, we cant force other players to play something new, we will rather lost some publics. And i think that should be only new maps, not stock one Smile

I like that idea about the maps. I don't think anyone's forced, but I have an idea with that also. It is possible to run 2 servers. We can do one with custom maps only and a normal one. I have a plan.

Oh yeah, so far, most of the people who were able to connect loved the mod (and the surprise known maps) except for the camera glitch after getting killed. There are a small few who were unsure about the mod, but the mod brings some good features like spawn protection, anti-camp, create a class anytime, and others.

The biggest reason for the mod was the maps. The features of the mod are just extra, but the goal is custom maps. I'm currently working on a couple of errors with the mod and maps and will probably set up both servers soon.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarCBR Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:56 am

Hi,
I'm SkarCBR from Darkspain clan (DkS).
We use to play a lot in your server and we are hapy now to see you have the mod openwarfare in it. We had this mod it in our old server...sniff Crying or Very sad jeje
I have some suggestions:
- Take out the black screen when you die (you can't see the killcam)
- Take out the protection to jump and shoot together (now you can't)
- More custom maps and gametypes (like Gungame, the map Stalemate and Akushima)
Thanks and see you in the server!
SkarCBR
SkarCBR
Beginner
Beginner

http://darkspain.es

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:49 pm

SkarCBR wrote:Hi,
I'm SkarCBR from Darkspain clan (DkS).
We use to play a lot in your server and we are hapy now to see you have the mod openwarfare in it. We had this mod it in our old server...sniff Crying or Very sad jeje
I have some suggestions:
- Take out the black screen when you die (you can't see the killcam)
- Take out the protection to jump and shoot together (now you can't)
- More custom maps and gametypes (like Gungame, the map Stalemate and Akushima)
Thanks and see you in the server!

Nice to see you and welcome to the forums. The main goal for the mod was the maps. The other things were just an extra bonus, but I will say they were a needed bonus.

-The black screen was always removed, but I forgot to change it in a setting permanently, that's all

-You can jump and shoot together unfortunately. It was only in our test server where you couldn't do it 100%.

-We have many custom maps, but I have underestimated my internet speed compared to lots of others lol! I thought my internet was terrible (which I still believe), but even 20MB (size of mod) is too much for people, even if they're just joining a stock map. And, if that's too big, wait until they have to download the mod AND a custom map. The stock maps were in to help guide the player and so they wouldn't be downloading every map change, although they can get most of the maps from this site and won't have that problem.

[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:07 pm

To All: I know there are many of us here who has thought negative of the mod. For me, the most negative thing I have seen was the camera shifting randomly when you die. I had removed the cycling killstreaks, but there were things in this mod that were very positive and would be needed in a default server.

• I had grenade launchers disabled permanently. They can't even be shot. You cant do this on a default (normal) server. You always have to kick or ban a player.

• There was spawn protection for those who complain about spawn killings or not being able to spawn properly.

• There's Create A Class inside the game instead of just in the menus and you could change whatever you needed on the fly.

• I had implemented a scoring config so that people who noob it out with weapons get the lowest points for that kill (ex: shooting infantry with a bazooka is only 5 points)

• Information was in the bottom left corner of the screen (although I think it was better in the default area as it gets more people's attention) and at the very bottom was banner messages that didn't go away right away and if someone needed the address to the zombie server, they had enough time to copy the IP from there.

• I saw someone mention anti-camping in the server today. Yeah I wish. However, we had this enabled with the mod already.

There are many other features that were either useful or just for fun purposes, but I didn't think they were necessary because the main goal was the maps.

For now, the mod is temporarily resting until I find a very tiny mod to replace it. The only thing I need is something that ranks you guys up so you don't start at rank 1. I can actually use the maps without a physical mod (although it will still say 'Mod' on the loading screen only because it's a switch you have to use in order to use custom maps) and players wouldn't download anything mod wise. The only problem with that is they would all be rank 1, but the game would be totally normal with none of the good features I mentioned above.

Last edited by [PDE]PaulKersey on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkarCBR Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 am

Thanks Paul. I'm glad to help the way i can.
I spend too many hour configuring that mod,if you have a problem or some questions just ask.

bye and see you (and kill you) in your server! Very Happy
SkarCBR
SkarCBR
Beginner
Beginner

http://darkspain.es

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:53 pm

I have been thinking about the grenade dropping bit of the new mod.

I would say it is not necessary to add in. Can only see a benefit in the tank maps. I believe Capt agrees with this.

Also a suggestion for the new map server. How about only 2-4 new maps in it (and only new maps ?). Reduces need for people to download.

Yomi, Townville, Chateau & Amberville in that order for me. Next the night map with the exploding bear!
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Its getting difficult, but maybe I could try that too. Don't know. Yeah I removed the grenade drops yesterday when we talked about it.

EDIT: Ok we will try it this way. Players fell in love with the Quang Nam map btw. I think they want to see more so your suggestion is a good one. Just only put a small amount for them to get used to when they download. If they like all what they see, we will create a map pack based on just those maps so players can enjoy them.

I have 6, but no Amberville for now. Every other map you said is in including a couple others.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z008MJ Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:01 am

Hi PDE, can i list a numbers of suggestions of things i have wanted to see in WaW MP. Please respond to each if they would or would not work, and why it wouldn't.

1. Bullet Chambering, like in BF3. Only a limited number of WW2 weapons have it anyway, and it would improve realism. Weapons capable of this are all Pistols but the Revolver, all Rifles but the M1 Garand, Type 100, Type 99, and Trench Gun.

2. Correct weapon clip-sizes, though only such that wouldn't unbalance tings, like where there is only a single bullet difference or such.

3. More correct weapon names, this would not make anything unbalanced.

I can start with this, if you do not like any or approve of any of it i rather know before i contuinue.

Thanks in Advance!
Z008MJ
Z008MJ
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:26 am

Z008MJ wrote:Hi PDE, can i list a numbers of suggestions of things i have wanted to see in WaW MP. Please respond to each if they would or would not work, and why it wouldn't.

1. Bullet Chambering, like in BF3. Only a limited number of WW2 weapons have it anyway, and it would improve realism. Weapons capable of this are all Pistols but the Revolver, all Rifles but the M1 Garand, Type 100, Type 99, and Trench Gun.

2. Correct weapon clip-sizes, though only such that wouldn't unbalance tings, like where there is only a single bullet difference or such.

3. More correct weapon names, this would not make anything unbalanced.

I can start with this, if you do not like any or approve of any of it i rather know before i contuinue.

Thanks in Advance!

Whoa that's a little deep and goes beyond the scope of our mod. We aren't doing any total conversions or anything close, so gun names and chambering wouldn't work. As far as clip sizes, we wouldn't do this because we are not going for total realism here. It's still gonna be CoDWaW, but with a few enhancements and additions and fixing some other things people overly complain about when there's a lot of players on.

The main purpose of the mod is actually the custom maps. We have some great maps for everyone to play and the mod just has a few bonuses that the players will like. We aren't trying to stray from the original game at all because that's why players come to the server.

Still, bring on any more suggestions you may have and if it sounds doable, we will consider them. Just don't expect anything along the lines of extreme realism or Battlefield style gameplay.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z008MJ Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:43 am

I also read somewhere that MW1 maps would be added. I personally don't want that, as i want WW2 maps in WW2 game. CoD 2 maps are ok thus. But i guess i do not have any saying in that as i assume the maps are decided already.

I also want the map Downfall featured more often, i almost never see.
Z008MJ
Z008MJ
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 am

Z008MJ wrote:I also read somewhere that MW1 maps would be added. I personally don't want that, as i want WW2 maps in WW2 game. CoD 2 maps are ok thus. But i guess i do not have any saying in that as i assume the maps are decided already.

I also want the map Downfall featured more often, i almost never see.

Although they are CoD4 maps, they are all WWII based.

Downfall, as much as we love it (especially me), crashes players often at times. Sometimes, you can be playing on the map and 2 minutes later, 60% of the server population is gone. The last time we had the map up, it crashed 2-3 times too close together.

Players don't notice it like that because when their game crashes, most of them just stop playing for a while not knowing the same thing just happened to most of the server at the same time. When you see 999 all down the Xfire server list, you know what happened. It's a bit buggy, but we do try to enable it sometimes. We probably won't during the mod because the population needs to try the mod instead of crashing from that buggy map.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorKatz Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:09 pm

If this thread is related to the PDE For All Players II server (one with lower ping for US players), I just want to suggest you remove voting from the general players. You have numerous players abusing it, like losing teams constantly trying to vote next match before the current one has finished, or calling votes to kick a winning teams players for no reason other then they themselves are losing, and this voting mess constantly wreaks havoc on the fair play and disrupts the flow of the matches.

I could see having voting in place when you have an event taking place on like the weekend, but otherwise it is just flat out being abused by players constantly now, and I have been playing on this server since it started, and have enjoyed playing with some really wonderful players, so its sad to see it starting to go down hill so fast all of the sudden due to bad players and sore losers abusing the vote system as a form of retaliation.
ProfessorKatz
ProfessorKatz
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 pm

ProfessorKatz wrote:If this thread is related to the PDE For All Players II server (one with lower ping for US players), I just want to suggest you remove voting from the general players. You have numerous players abusing it, like losing teams constantly trying to vote next match before the current one has finished, or calling votes to kick a winning teams players for no reason other then they themselves are losing, and this voting mess constantly wreaks havoc on the fair play and disrupts the flow of the matches.

I could see having voting in place when you have an event taking place on like the weekend, but otherwise it is just flat out being abused by players constantly now, and I have been playing on this server since it started, and have enjoyed playing with some really wonderful players, so its sad to see it starting to go down hill so fast all of the sudden due to bad players and sore losers abusing the vote system as a form of retaliation.

I agree with you. I figured at some point we would have to turn off voting. The reason it was enabled from the beginning was because the server was new at that time and had no players. A lot of players always end up ruining those things like voice chat and voting and they don't seem to understand why all other servers have those features disabled. A Poll is going up in the next few seconds to get a feel on what players want as far as mappacks goes. Thanks for your response.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Btw, for anyone reading this thread, if some of the posts seem weird, it's because this used to be the area for the old Ultimate server with custom maps and fixed gameplay. That's now gone and this area will be/is now renamed.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorKatz Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks for the past reply, and yeah, I posted about it here too, so sorry for the kinda sorta double post about the issue:
http://www.pdelite.net/t1352p20-come-on-guys-call-for-the-ultimate-waw-server#11269

As I said on that, I mean, I really enjoy the server when the vote nonsense is not happening, as did a couple friends of mine, but it has gotten so hostile there now so they left and went back to playing Modern Warfare (which I could care less for). And while I have been trying to tough it out because I love WAW, it has gotten to be too much for even me at times, and I end up just leaving matches often now when I see people going crazy with the vote mess.

There has been some pretty awesome skilled players on there, tons of great matches and everything, and I have really enjoyed playing due to that. I can deal with the occasional hostile verbal complainer and all, I'm pretty easy going so I shrug that kind of stuff off, but the voting thing is not something you can ignore since it actually affects the game completely.
ProfessorKatz
ProfessorKatz
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Stratokaster Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 pm

This is true.. i see many players abusing this voting: specially with the kick voting.
[PDE]Stratokaster
[PDE]Stratokaster
Special Agent
Special Agent

Tagline Tagline : Ночь

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum