The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSJ - "Borderlands 2 Fails To Cross Over" - Or Maybe Failed Review?

Go down

WSJ - "Borderlands 2 Fails To Cross Over" - Or Maybe Failed Review? Empty WSJ - "Borderlands 2 Fails To Cross Over" - Or Maybe Failed Review?

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm

I had to laugh when I read this review. If you want to read something from someone out of touch with gaming, here's a quote from the wsj review of Borderlands 2:

The sequel to the highly acclaimed 2009 Borderlands game goes on shelves Tuesday in Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions for around $60. At that price point, the first-person shooter, published by 2K Games, inevitably invites comparisons with the Halos and Call of Duty games already out and due to come in the next few weeks and months. Borderlands 2 falls short because it’s missing several key elements you need to have in a 2012 first-person shooter game – most notably, a rich multiplayer online mode. There’s an extremely limited four-player cooperative mode, and if you have an Xbox Live Gold account, you can team up that way, but this isn’t the type of deeply engrossing FPS game the headset-wearing COD crowds gather to play months and months after release. In comparison, I read on several sites that COD: Black Ops 2 will feature up to six teams, for a total of 18 simultaneous players, in multiplayer mode.

That's just the beginning. He then goes on to compare the game so much to Call Of Duty, you'd think that the only type of FPS or game out there can only be modeled after COD, reading through his words. Do you hear this BIOSHOCK 3? If you're not like Call Of Duty, you have failed! LOL! This guy is an embarrassment and, as you can read through the rest of his review here, he's clearly not someone who games at all.

The real comedy comes from the comments below that review. Pretty entertaining stuff.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down