The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft are pushing gamers to Windows 8

4 posters

Go down

Microsoft are pushing gamers to Windows  8 Empty Microsoft are pushing gamers to Windows 8

Post by PDE]Chaos Theory Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 pm

When Windows 8 was released two weeks ago, one of the operating system's features was DirectX 11.1, the latest version of Microsoft's 3D graphics API. The company has listed all of DirectX 11.1's new features on its support page, Perhaps the highest profile difference between the new version and the older DirectX 11 is that DirectX 11.1 has native stereoscopic 3D support.

That means any PC games or applications written with DirectX 11.1 will have support for viewing the content via stereoscopic 3D glasses out of the box. Previously, stereoscopic 3D support could only be added to a game or application if you were programming with a particular graphics card in mind, such as NVIDIA's GeForce cards which support its own 3D Vision software, or AMD's Radeon cards with its HD3D technology.

There are still a lot of PC users out there with Windows 7 PCs who likely won't upgrade to Windows 8 but would still like to get DirectX 11.1. Unfortunately, it's looking like Microsoft is going to keep it as an exclusive for Windows 8, along with Windows RT and Windows Server 2012.

In a recent post on the Microsoft Answers forum, Microsoft employee Daniel Moth stated, "DirectX 11.1 is part of Windows 8, just like DirectX 11 was part of Windows 7. DirectX 11 was made available for Vista .... but at this point there is no plan for DirectX 11.1 to be made available on Windows 7."

We contacted Microsoft to get an official response but a spokesperson told us, " ... we have nothing further to share."

http://www.neowin.net/news/no-directx-111-for-windows-7-planned
PDE]Chaos Theory
PDE]Chaos Theory
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Bernie mac mofo, u wouldnt understand!

Back to top Go down

Microsoft are pushing gamers to Windows  8 Empty Re: Microsoft are pushing gamers to Windows 8

Post by [PDE]capartt Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 am

Microsoft.... ugh, im sticking with dx11. I'm just hoping windows 8 is a phase like vista, windows 8 makes no sense on a desktop pc.
[PDE]capartt
[PDE]capartt
Agent
Agent

Tagline Tagline : I live every week like its shark week.

http://capartt.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Microsoft are pushing gamers to Windows  8 Empty Re: Microsoft are pushing gamers to Windows 8

Post by Apocalypse Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Sigh. Although I know nobody should care about reputation here, I still wonder why somebody gave Chaos' post a bad reputation. It's just a quote from a site, isn't it? Then why the bad reputation?
Apocalypse
Apocalypse
Veteran
Veteran

Tagline Tagline : Haha, I like you looked at it...

Back to top Go down

Post by PDE]Chaos Theory Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Dont worry about it apocalypse, there are people who like to be idiots
PDE]Chaos Theory
PDE]Chaos Theory
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]capartt Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:41 pm

PDE]Chaos Theory wrote:Dont worry about it apocalypse, there are people who like to be idiots

I gotcha, now its 50/50
[PDE]capartt
[PDE]capartt
Agent
Agent

Tagline Tagline : I live every week like its shark week.

http://capartt.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PDE]Chaos Theory Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 am

Thks bro
PDE]Chaos Theory
PDE]Chaos Theory
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:05 am

It's mostly a tablet interface. I haven't been convinced why desktops would need Windows 8, unless it's just really that hard to use a proper desktop OS.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down