The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would anyone be able to help me?

3 posters

Go down

Would anyone be able to help me? Empty Would anyone be able to help me?

Post by Z008MJ Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:17 am

Hello, everyone.

I am a player who used to play a lot on your servers not long ago, and had intended to do so again. But right now, i have a request for a problem that i've tried for long to solve.

I need help with how to continue my mod. It may not be your primary field, but if get even a single response, you already have done more than any other forum i have been asking on.

Now, i believe you have custom maps and mods for your servers, and you are still among the few who are active in Cod4/WaW, so i wondered if you could help me.

I have read mod wikis, searched customcod and other similar sites, asked on several forums without getting answers, read guides, and more, but still can't get this working. What's worse, everyone talks as if it's the easiest thing they have done, but never explain how to do it.

What i need to know regards the singleplayer and zombie part of the game, i need to learn how to create a fastfile (mod.ff) and place files into it. I am not making maps, so these are for existing levels and maps, even custom maps others have done. Using the mod builder in the launcher that comes with the mod tools i can make .iwd files, but all fastfiles seem to be empty, it also always makes a fastfile even if i do not want to. I want to know how to add existing modified .csv, .gsc and similar files to a fastfile.

For example, i have tried adding the Type99 to Nacht der Untoten, since it is easy to load and check if it worked, but it has always been unsuccessful. How would i go about making that work?

If anyone here could help me i would be extremely grateful. This means very much to me. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Z008MJ
Z008MJ
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be able to help me? Empty Re: Would anyone be able to help me?

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:26 am

Haven't seen you in centuries. I can't say much, but when we used to have a server like that, there was (and probably still is) internet searches you can do for that. I've seen a couple sites describing how to do that in the past (last year I think), but since I wasn't at those sites for that, I didn't pick it up. However, I'm sure they still exist and one was very detailed with fastfiles.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Z008MJ Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Yes, i haven't played multiplayer a lately, but i still love WaW, and i do misa playing it, i should make time for it when i can.

About those guides, i am pretty sure i have read them all several times. I think these are the best ones:

http://www.customcod.com/~custo96/wiki/index.php?title=Adding_Extra_Weapons_To_Zombie_Mode

http://www.customcod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Launcher_Overview

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php/Call_of_Duty_5:_Launcher_Overview

However, i can't understand them. For example, in customcod's launcher overview it says "Anything that is not in your IWD file is then included in your fast file. Since this is made either by the map compiler or mod builder there is no tutorial for this specifically.", and as you see, no explanation.

It goes on to say "Once everything is setup as described, check the options for how you want to build your mod, whether it be the FF and/or IWD. After that, click the "Build Mod" button.", but it does not say how i tell the mod builder what i want in my fastfile.

I just don't understand it, is any other moderator here good at this? I have searched for everything already, i don't know what more searching i can do that i haven't done.

I'm sorry for bothering but i don't know where else to go?

Also, if you don't mind, could this thread be here for a while, maybe someone else knows this well?
Z008MJ
Z008MJ
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi ZOOM8MJ

I've not done anything like that, but a quick read on the overview link this section ( and the one below would seem to explain the fast file).

Code:
 Build Fast File

In order for the level and all of it’s assets to be loaded into the game within a reasonable amount of time a fast file is needed to be made. A fast file is one big file that contains all of the data for the level and all of the assets it uses. Since it is all in one file it can quickly be loaded directly to memory, instead of your hard drive having to search for thousands of files and load them individually which takes much longer.

The first time you try to build the fast file for the level it will tell you that no zone files exist and ask you if you would like to make them. You’ll want to say “yes” at this prompt. Doing so will create [root]\ zone_source\[levelname].csv, where root is the game install path.

Within this .csv file is a list of assets the level uses. It will have some default assets in there that all levels use. This csv is looked at by the fast file builder and all the assets it references will be added to the level’s fast file. The fast file ends up containing the level BSP itself, plus all assets listed in [levelname].csv.

The fast file generated will be created at [root]\zone\[language]\[levelname].ff. This is the file you would want to give your friend or post online when you want to share your level since it contains all of the data used by the level. Anytime you change anything in the level, or any assets used in the level you’ll need to recompile the fast file so that those new or changed assets get put into the fast file for the game to read.

Can you not maybe ask on the customcod forum. I'm not sure any one here has actually built a mod. Although Paul did use them.
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum