The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoDWaW PC Support For Xbox 360 Controller

3 posters

Go down

CoDWaW PC Support For Xbox 360 Controller Empty CoDWaW PC Support For Xbox 360 Controller

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:49 am

87.98.133.188:28961 - PDE|ALL PLAYERS #1

For those looking to use their Xbox 360 controller on the PC version of World At War, you will need to enable the developer console by starting at the main menu of the game and going to 'Options/Game Options' and to the right will be 'Enable Console'. Click that to a 'Yes'. Now you will have the option to use the console by clicking the tilde (`or ~) key which is usually above or next to the 1 key and below ESC (different countries may vary).

In the console (brown rectangle at the top of screen), you need to type "/exec default_controller.cfg" (without quotes) and press enter. Make sure you type forward slash (/) before "exec". You can then close console with the same key. You should now have enabled the Xbox 360 controller for the PC version of CoDWaW.

For those who play with an inverted (up is down/down is up) aim, try "/input_invertpitch 1" in the console.

For sensitivity controls, try these commands below:

1 (Low) = input_viewSensitivity "0.6"
2 (Medium) = input_viewSensitivity "1"
3 = input_viewSensitivity "1.4"
4 (High) = input_viewSensitivity "1.8"
5 = input_viewSensitivity "2"
6 = input_viewSensitivity "2.2"
7 (Very High) = input_viewSensitivity "2.6"
8 = input_viewSensitivity "3"
9 = input_viewSensitivity "3.5"
10 (Insane) = input_viewSensitivity "4"
(credit : killingerc)

For a smoother controller, try a Logitech brand which is made directly for the PC or a DualShock4 (PS4) pad. More Info on that in another post. Edit: Logitech's new brand of controller is the F Series (F310/F510 (rumble)/F710 (wireless)) and isn't as good as their older and more famous Logitech Dual Action controller. They are now trying to cater to console controls first and optional PC controls second so your experience may vary, but if you can find a Logitech Dual Action controller out there somewhere, that would be the better controller.

This is what console looks like in game below
CoDWaW PC Support For Xbox 360 Controller 0

Last edited by [PDE]PaulKersey on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:45 pm; edited 15 times in total
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

CoDWaW PC Support For Xbox 360 Controller Empty Re: CoDWaW PC Support For Xbox 360 Controller

Post by EFRA117 Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:08 am

how invert the axis aim, of controller xbox 360?.. i am use invert the aim. help me!
EFRA117
EFRA117
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

CoDWaW PC Support For Xbox 360 Controller Empty Re: CoDWaW PC Support For Xbox 360 Controller

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:30 am

Topic edited above to include invert aim command
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaveroid Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:08 am

Hey,

What do you do for the Interact/Use key? I'm trying to play Zombies, and I can't rebuild barriers with the controller or buy weapons off the wall. Sad I tried binding the X button to Interact/Use, but then reloading wouldn't work. Sad

What do I do? Do I have to do some little trick in Xpadder?

Gavin
gaveroid
gaveroid
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:11 am

What controller are you using? If you want to use Xpadder to assign the X button to interact, go ahead, but if it's an xbox controller, it should work by default.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaveroid Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:32 am

I'm using a Logitech F710 Wireless Controller. It works on any game that requires an Xbox 360 controller just fine and dandy, so I'd assume it should work on World at War. When I play Zombies, X doesn't work for interact. It's just a nonexistent feature - it's like when you want to make one key do two things, but it won't let you. I bet it's because they never intended to release it to the public. So, they just left it in there, hidden and unfinished. Other than that, it works beautifully - no problems!
gaveroid
gaveroid
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:40 am

I have one of those too and I hate those. Actually, I hate the entire F series since they switched from Logitech Dual Action a couple years ago, but enough about me. Well sadly, if it doesn't work, maybe you should try Xpadder for that one key.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaveroid Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:47 am

Someone else online told me to try defaulting my controls and re-enabling the command. But, oddly enough, I defaulted the settings, and the controller continued working. I defaulted the controls, AS WELL AS the system settings, so I defaulted everything, and the controller didn't stop working. Even though, I put in the command again - still nothing. And, about the Dual Action - those are good controllers. My grandad has one that he's had FOREVER, and it's a nice controller! I used it once or twice, and it has a really nice feel. But, being that my main rig is a laptop (Alienware M14xR2, 2GB GeForce 650m, i7 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost enabled 6mb cache, 16GB of DDR3 RAM), wireless peripherals are a lot more convenient for me, and the F series that I have looks and feels (Well, design-wise) a lot like the Dual Action.
gaveroid
gaveroid
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Hehe well I'll give you that. It has the look and feel until you control something. As weird as it may sound, I can't work with triggers in an FPS game unless its singleplayer. Those triggers aren't as quick as tapping a button and the dead zone radius on the analog sticks are a bit wide from them trying to mimic an Xbox 360 pad. But yes, it does look and feel the same. At least they kept the sticks in the right place in my opinion.

I remember when i was on an original Xbox console years ago and I used to think they way they had the sticks was how it should be -- maybe for Xbox, but the Playstation controller/Logitech format is best for PC games like FPS.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum