The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red509 Ban Appeal

5 posters

Go down

Red509 Ban Appeal Empty Red509 Ban Appeal

Post by ~{Red}~ Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:44 am

I, Red509, have been banned from the PDE Call of Duty: World At War Multiplayer Servers because I was accused of hacking. I know the best proof I can give is just my honest word, but I am NOT a hacker. I've never hacked online in my entire life as a gamer, and never will. Seems like too much effort anyway. I am there for one reason only: to play.

The PDE servers quickly became my favorite and I've recently gotten back into the game again. I noticed a lot of people have discovered a new trick though since I've been gone, people have since become very skilled at using SMG's to shoot from the hip. I thought it was crazy cheap but I also felt one of the best ways to counter it is to master it, which was very easy to do. I acknowledge that it's cheap as hell but I see tons of players do it, including the individual who accused me of hacking and got me banned, so the fact that I was singled out and banned on his say so just because I was having a great game is completely unfair.

Normally I wouldn't bother to find the server's site and make an appeal for a ban for doing very well, but the fact that me, someone who just keeps to himself, doesn't chat, doesn't cheat, and doesn't complain when he gets his ass handed to him, gets banned from his favorite server simply for playing exceptionally well, then yeah I'm going to have a problem with that. If I remember correctly the one who kicked/banned me (or at least called me out and put it forward) was [PDE] Hawke or something. Unfortunate since he was a familiar player. Does it look like a sprayer with the Steady Aim perk sometimes doesn't have recoil? Yeah of course it does, especially when they're really quick with it; I would know, I've been killed by it even more than I've killed with it. But I'd like to make it perfectly clear that I am not, nor have I ever been, a hacker. I'm just someone who's there to play.

P.S. Also no offense, but the fact that you banned a player in a heartbeat just because someone with a PDE clan tag got sore, is kind of bias.
~{Red}~
~{Red}~
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Red509 Ban Appeal Empty Re: Red509 Ban Appeal

Post by Hawke Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:32 am

~{Red}~ wrote: Does it look like a sprayer with the Steady Aim perk sometimes doesn't have recoil? Yeah of course it does, especially when they're really quick with it;
What do you mean your really quick?
Your so quick you never have any recoil on a Thompson?
Please enlighten us on that.

~{Red}~ wrote:P.S. Also no offense, but the fact that you banned a player in a heartbeat just because someone with a PDE clan tag got sore, is kind of bias.
I just got in game and speced you after watching the replay of you shooting me because there was no recoil.
What do you mean that I got sore?
I think I was in game for all of 1 minute or so before I switched to specking you.

Paul/Mike/Admin it also said he has 1 prior ban.
Can you look up what the prior ban is for?
Hawke
Hawke
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:42 am

There isn't any prior bans listed and he has only played 5 times on Server #2.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{Red}~ Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Look man I don't know what to tell you other than I'm sorry you feel that way. Sometimes when someone shoots in a quick burst while holding the mouse steady + Steady Aim perk it hardly looks like there's any recoil; I've seen it on my kill cam too where I swear someone was hacking. But If I had known you'd resort to something so drastic so quickly then I would have met up in game and showed you that I do in fact have recoil. I mean that's the FIRST reaction? You couldn't have instead watched me a bit closely to catch on to the recoil before assuming from the kill cam? It's not like I was shooting through walls or something that was completely without question. I mean really it took less than a minute to ban me the moment you suggested that I had a no recoil hack. Was someone there like "Hawke thinks he has a no recoil hack, that's all the proof we need." Hence why I used the word bias.

Sore is the first thing I can come up with just like how hacking was the first thing you could come up with. It's all about what it looks like right? What else am I suppose to believe when I get banned for hacking when my computer is hack free? And like I said before, because I'm just there to play and not cause trouble or anything else, I take this a bit personally that I was called out.

Also if per chance I do come back, I don't have to worry about you accusing me again do I? Because getting unbanned doesn't mean much if I get to look forward to more baseless harassment. Plus I didn't realize all it took to get banned on the PDE servers was one guy throwing an accusation.
~{Red}~
~{Red}~
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Kokomaaab Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:16 pm

We need to see the demo.
[PDE]Kokomaaab
[PDE]Kokomaaab
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : TeamFuckmatch! Noone fucks alone!

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]MikeScofield Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:23 pm

I dont know where do you guys learning to using tricks or whatever else like that? Is that hard to play like a normal human? If it will be like that you wouldnt be accussed of anything...

And... admins are here for keep an eye on everyone if its possible, theres no need to calling all "Staff" to decide about ban or not, like Hawke said he spectated you, than made a decision about it, if he makes mistake, he will give you a second chance, but explain us why you need to doing tricks?

Btw Hawke, 1 prior ban means that he is banned for the 1st time, if it will be second one, you will see 2 prior bans Smile
[PDE]MikeScofield
[PDE]MikeScofield
Persistent Moderator
Persistent Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Well I can't let this ride as is. I wasn't there, but I did see him in the player list (outside) with the top score so I've only noticed that much and I have been in and out of the server.

Someone in the chatlog did holler Red was a cheater, but people are always screaming things without additional reason as to what cheat was used. I wonder if Uzi saw anything here. I wish I was called to the server at that time as we should all have Xfire. For now, there won't be any permanent ban given out to this case.

It can be easy to make a mistake with saying 'no recoil', especially when using a Tommygun and I've watched another player for 3-4 minutes before I determined it was a hack and banned him. I'm not undermining anyone's judgment as we have very good admin, but there won't be any permanent bans issued for now unless we see otherwise.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{Red}~ Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Whoa whoa Mike what do you mean "but explain us why you need to doing tricks?" I'd like to answer your question but I don't quite understand what you're saying. If you mean "Why do you have to use something that can easily be mistaken for a hack" then to be honest, I was worried about that as well, but the point is it's not a hack, it's using the tools the game has given me to the fullest.

A Thompson, which doesn't have terrible recoil to begin with, combined with Steady Aim + someone who can use subtle movements with the mouse to help keep an already relatively stable gun steady, sometimes make it look like there's no recoil, especially when shot in a quick burst (just enough to down someone) before there's much kick-up, is not an unbelievable feat but can look that way from a kill cam's perspective. I was honestly worried I would be accused of hacking at some point because of this trick, but I figured because several other people are capable of doing it as well, people wouldn't cry "Hacker!" so easily. Guess I forgot how harsh the online community can be.

Thank You Paul, I appreciate your fair judgment about this. But what should I do to avoid this in the future? I swear to Christ I don't hack, but I can't help it if people think otherwise due to a highscore and steady firing. Do I contact you to look into it or something? Do you play in the servers sometime too?

Also my apologies to the PDE staff if I offended anybody, I was just agitated for getting lashed when I'm innocent.
~{Red}~
~{Red}~
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down