The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titanfall: Why 6 Vs. 6 Is Fine - If you think that...

Go down

Titanfall: Why 6 Vs. 6 Is Fine - If you think that... Empty Titanfall: Why 6 Vs. 6 Is Fine - If you think that...

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:49 pm

For the IGN people who think it's just "bitter PS4 players" (which is unfair to them unless you all are saying that for a rise), I own a PC (would prob get a PS4 in the future) and for me, I just see the same formula being used to fit CoD on the consoles. It's not whether 'more is better', but the true fact that they had to get it a certain way for a console's limitations (Xbox) and then duplicate it to the other systems.

So far, all of the news released reminds me of when CoD devs ask will the PC have this or that and there would always be slight answers or excuses before the game came out and after years since MW2, players have to realize that they're only going to use an xbox/CoD formula here. What we don't know is how many AI participants will be on maps, and I'll give them that much, but there would be nothing wrong with even 12 vs 12 'IF' they wasn't working around the CoD formula. I'm speaking from a PC-dedicated server perspective where it's not about 'more', it's overall about choice and options. If players wants to play 24-32 players on CoD4/CoDWaW PC, they could. If they only wanted to play 12 or 16, they could and it doesn't affect anyone else.

Yes, I know BF4 has 64 players on consoles, but they haven't done anything so far as BF4 before. They are doing only what they know works in a console frame and possibly without real dedicated servers. It would be cool of some of the AI could be replaced with real players, but yeah, the maps were built for that Xbox first. I can almost guarantee PC won't be getting any real user dedicated servers for this game. It will either be a bad hybrid or true matchmaking limitations and no choice. It's not to say that the game won't be good, but it could be better on PC.

All of the CoD Ghosts PC fans are talking about ditching CoD and running to Titanfall. If I were them, I'd take a wait-and-see approach instead of getting hyped and giving my money away.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum