The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sledgehammer Games' Dev Wants Another World War II Call of Duty

2 posters

Go down

Sledgehammer Games' Dev Wants Another World War II Call of Duty Empty Sledgehammer Games' Dev Wants Another World War II Call of Duty

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Quoted from METRO with Sledgehammer Games' developer Michael Condrey:

GC: But what about going backwards in time? The Korean War and Vietnam I guess would work. But what about the First World War? That’s difficult in terms of both mechanics and the difficult morality of the conflict. But then what about going further back and doing something like Sharpe, set during the Napoleonic War? Is Call Of Duty all warfare throughout the ages? Are those the sort of things that get discussed or are they ignored instantly because you can’t have machineguns?

MC: Well, no. It’s curious. I can only answer from my own personal tastes, this is my own personal opinion. But some of my favourite pieces of entertainment are set in World War II. Band of Brothers, I’m a massive fan of Band of Brothers? Did you see that?

GC: No. I’m afraid I don’t get much time for television. Although it was filmed in my home town.

MC: Really? But I think it’s well recognised as a great production. And I’m sure you’ve seen Saving Private Ryan…

GC: Oh yes.

MC: And that’s a great hero’s war, kind of the last that was recognised as a noble cause in a war. So yeah, I think a next generation game with the latest production values and robustness in a World War II setting like Band of Brothers would be amazing. Now, how would it play and how would the multiplayer work after the new movement set in Advanced Warfare? That’s a tougher question than I’ve had to tackle yet

What do you guys think? Is it time to revisit the WWII setting again?

I think that it should focus on the big war more than trying to see how many gadgets they can pile on due to the newer CoDs. All other CoDs are tiny. Make this the only CoD that has big fights for consoles and bring back real dedicated servers (no halfway, no hybrids) for PC (we've only been asking for that since CoDWaW lol). Give consoles 32 players so they won't have to have small maps all the time and can use all of the weapons of the game. Bring back the vehicles of CoD1 (UO)/CoD3. Bring back the great voice chatter and commander types of CoDWaW and bring back some of the cut killstreaks and cut maps as well as removed gametypes and fix the War gametype so it can be played with large amounts of players. Have weather effects like rain, snow, and heavy wind.

Big fights are how they can separate this CoD from all other CoDs. Bring back 4 player co-op as well.

VIA METRO
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Sledgehammer Games' Dev Wants Another World War II Call of Duty Empty Re: Sledgehammer Games' Dev Wants Another World War II Call of Duty

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:27 am

Oh yeah - lets dream on ! But it would be real cool.
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum