The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Thoughts On Nintendo From An Old Fan

3 posters

Go down

My Thoughts On Nintendo From An Old Fan Empty My Thoughts On Nintendo From An Old Fan

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:55 pm

For Nintendo, I'll speak from my point of view as well as friends. I had been a fan of Nintendo since they brought back the gaming industry in N. America all the way up to the N64 which is where they started to go downhill and lose their grip to Sony and Playstation. I already had a pre-order reserved on the Gamecube back then and I saw that Zelda Spaceworld 2K Demo and although it was a demo, I really wanted to see that Zelda. Then, a few months before they released the GC, they showed a cel-shaded (cartoon) Zelda and it made me think 'What else would they do?'

Early Spaceworld 2000 Zelda Demo

3 days before the GC was to launch, I took my pre-order off and put it on the original first Xbox (already had my taste of PS2). While Xbox didn't have many games at first, it started to grow in 3rd-party games and while it never grew as much as Playstation's 3rd party selection did, they had far more than Nintendo. In fact, there was a point big 3rd party devs stopped making games for the GC altogether. This would start to become a trend in the future and lack of games and being out of touch is what kept me from a Nintendo console ever since.

Nintendo has some good exclusives, but those games alone wouldn't be worth it for me, especially since I'm older now and seems they will never have the other games I want. It takes too long to wait for games on their platform.

I get that Nintendo is always trying to be different and stand apart, which is good (RIP Yamauchi), but it doesn't work all the time and I liked it better when they had both 1st party and 3rd party, that's something I can support. Someone said that the industry would be boring if Nintendo were like a PS and Xbox. Maybe, but then we will have the best of both worlds in 1st and 3rd party. I miss Mario Kart. I miss Zelda which was my favorite Nintendo series.

One thing I would hope for if Nintendo ever decided to make another full console is hardware wise to have a separate CPU and GPU processor in it, unlike that all-in-one APU that XB1 and PS4 has in it. That type of processor isn't easy to make games on at all how everyone thought it would be and since Nintendo would likely be going with the same manufacturer, there's a chance of it having a similar unit like the other two.

I faded from consoles to PC back in 2004, but always looking for a console to have on the side. My choice would be a Nintendo console, but they also need to reach out to their old fans that they pushed away.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts On Nintendo From An Old Fan Empty Re: My Thoughts On Nintendo From An Old Fan

Post by [PDE]Scrinn Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:35 pm

They also need to come up with new ideas instead of revamping the same games over and over again
[PDE]Scrinn
[PDE]Scrinn
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for

http://www.twitch.tv/thescrin

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts On Nintendo From An Old Fan Empty Re: My Thoughts On Nintendo From An Old Fan

Post by [PDE]XRayGR Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:53 pm

My favorite was superfamicom with that huge memory of games haha
[PDE]XRayGR
[PDE]XRayGR
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : FIRE IN THE HOLE ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum