The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing The Numbers Game (CoD Player Slots)

Go down

Playing The Numbers Game (CoD Player Slots) Empty Playing The Numbers Game (CoD Player Slots)

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:24 pm

If there's one thing that confuses me on the PC is how when there's a rumor (or fact) about dedicated servers for the next Call of Duty game, people are always debating over the player limit a server can have. The one thing I never understand is how some players want to limit things for others when they don't have to. It's selfish to me, but they overlook some things.

If some newly made drinking glasses has room for 32 oz., why would you complain and say "I think it should be 12 oz. in every glass. "32 oz. is just too much". Hey! I may want 24 or 32 oz. myself. Why can't I just pour 32 oz. in my glass and you pour 12 oz. in your glass? I know that's a crazy analogy, but I hope you guys get it.

This is one of the good, key features about dedicated servers. If done right (I have to say this because of you CoD Black Ops) and the game's maps can support it, it becomes a matter of choice, not selfishness. My 32 oz. glass has room so that I may decide to fill my glass with 12 oz. if I think that's all I need, or 32 oz. if I needed more to drink at a time.

Point being, having a 32 player limit is never bad with dedicated servers because you can always look in the server list and CHOOSE which server you want to play in. There will always be small, 12 and 18 player servers because with a 32 player limit, you can set it to whatever number you want in the number 32. You don't have to voice your opinion against it so that others will suffer. For the PC, there's many reasons for having more players, but one special reason is for mods. Mods can turn the game into something spectacular, such as the famous 64 player 'ZombieX' mod for Call of Duty World at War for example.

If you're on a console (Xbox 360, PS3), this isn't going to apply to you, so don't respond in that area because if you all ever had an increase in players, it would probably come in the form of a playlist like 'Ground War' or something. Things play differently for you guys on those systems so there's a reason for the limits anyway, especially the bandwidth with current home connections.

I know the saying about 'more players doesn't always equal better', but that should be up to the individual players to decide that. That saying was always crooked for me because limitations don't equal better for me, but choice does. Players will go to the servers they think is the most comfortable and they will 'favorite' those servers.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down