The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit help with modding.

2 posters

Go down

A little bit help with modding. Empty A little bit help with modding.

Post by AlexC Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi.

I'm usually playing on your servers, it's really awesome, bigup for that!

Well, I'm running a CoD:WaW server as well, and I want to create a highxp mod, as yours running on.
But I stucked with modding, because the dedicated bin doesn't load up my gsc files even if I recompile in some of .ff files, or just add a new localized_english..iwd file.

In the internet I didn't find ANY related topics for that, so that's why I apologized to write here and ask.

I hope the PDE team is helpful and show me the way! Smile

Anyway, I'm from Hungary, and the CoD:WaW it's not so popular, I want to change the people thinking about this game.. Such a reform. Just 2 servers running in Hungary ... Smile

Thanks!! Smile

AlexC
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

A little bit help with modding. Empty Re: A little bit help with modding.

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Hello AlexC. We don't have a modded server like we used to 3-4 years ago. However, you can try the Open Warfare mod. It has lots of features. We have used it in the past and did stuff with XP and custom maps.

In order to bring people to your servers, there has to be activity, something players can see. Advertise as well. These days, it will be very difficult to get servers going with players because newcomers mainly come when there's a sale. The population has been shrinking and there's lots of empty servers that could be filled with players.

Most servers are hardcore and the game already has enough of that. It doesn't have enough normal/regular/default servers. That's why we won't do hardcore. Players always ask for normal. What type of servers do you run?
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexC Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:36 am

We prefer Hardcore HighXP without mod, just a server side modification. That's what I want to run, and create, just I don't know how to start.
The modified gsc files doesn't load up when the gameserver starts..
So basically I don't know how to load up a custom gsc file without a mod. (create a hardcore highxp server without mod)

AlexC
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexC Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:37 am

PS: I've got 6 CoD4 servers as well, and I made a HighXP server without a mod easily. Just CoD:WaW somehow different.. Smile

AlexC
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:49 pm

Ah... hardcore... You should check the list of servers. Those already exist and only a few have players. The new hardcore xp servers don't have any players. The best thing for that is COD4, but you're already there. Since hardcore is your preference, I don't know what else you could do here.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexC Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:13 am

Create a serverside modification without mods. Just need a bit help how load up the custom gsc files the codwaw binary. Everything I got alredy, just I don't know how to load up the scripts. Because it's different than cod4.

AlexC
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum