The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Record And Playback Cheaters On The Servers

5 posters

Go down

How To Record And Playback Cheaters On The Servers Empty How To Record And Playback Cheaters On The Servers

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:42 am

If you need to record a cheater fast and save space, this is the quick way to do it. Files are so small, you can upload them to your post of the cheater as attachments.

Q: How do I record a demo of my game?

A: Simply type "/record " in the console to begin recording, and "/stoprecord" to finish. The lower left corner of the screen will display the size of the file during the recording.

Q: Where can I find my demo files?

A: The demo files will be stored in your "C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\players\demos" (Win7,WinVista)

Q: How to I view my demos?

A: The way it is supposed to work is that you type "/demo " in the console. Alternatively, you can use a third party program to launch the demos, like "cod4player" from Cybopat, which also allows you to change playback speed and camera angle. To stop the playback type /disconnect in the console.

Source: http://roe.totalgamingnetwork.com/wiki/index.php/Cod4_faq#Support_and_Technical

You can also name the files by typing /record cheater or /record that_cheater (spaces in names don't work so you will need an underscore _ sometimes) in the console. Without a name, people may not remember who is on each demo if they have many of them.

If anyone has Xfire or Fraps recording info (for cheaters), feel free to post below

Last edited by [PDE]PaulKersey on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

How To Record And Playback Cheaters On The Servers Empty Re: How To Record And Playback Cheaters On The Servers

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:38 pm

More info added at the bottom. Thanks LadyCinell.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

How To Record And Playback Cheaters On The Servers Empty Re: How To Record And Playback Cheaters On The Servers

Post by Invité Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:45 am

How to me, why ? I do nothing Wink

but then, i have a question, since some days, idk why, my keyboard suck, i can make a demo on waw but not anymore on cod4... our servers Sad some idea cuz I need it .. thx for all answer Smile
Anonymous
Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 am

You can still make a demo with Xfire and upload it, but I would like to know how you can't record anymore on COD4. I have to see how that happened.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 am

hmmm my call is real, I really need help btw I need to make a real demo with the console, in game, without xfire

Kersey : but I would like to know how you can't record anymore on COD4.

If I can finally know why it suck, i'll call U, dont worry ;P

I was on waw, 2 sc ago, all work nice then wtf ? Sad helpp me
Anonymous
Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by Bik Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm

I was wondering, since I'm new to using this record function, what do you actually record? Everything that I see on my screen? Or a piece of the activity on the entire server?
Bik
Bik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Only what you see on your screen. For example: if you spectate a particular guy, the demo will only include what you saw from that person.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse
Veteran
Veteran

Tagline Tagline : Haha, I like you looked at it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bik Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Ahh, just like a video. Okay, thanks!
Bik
Bik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tore Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Just one thing this is for mac users if i am not the only one
The demo files will be stored in your /Applications/games/Call of duty 4/Call of duty 4 data/main/demos but i doubt many people use mac to play cod4 but you never know
And to play it back you need to copy your demos from /Applications/games/Call of duty 4/Call of duty 4 data/main/demos and paste them in here: /Applications/games/Call of duty 4/Call of duty 4 data/mods/ModWarfare/demos

And to play them you need to launch game and launch ModWarfare; then just use the commands that Paul stated earlier
Tore
Tore
Special Agent
Special Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by shadoww Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm

the best way to find it is :

type in the taskbar of documents or something else. %appdata% then klick in the taskbar on Appdata >Local>Virtualstore>Programfiles>activision>Callofduty4>Main>demos.
shadoww
shadoww
Special Agent
Special Agent

Tagline Tagline : true story bro

Back to top Go down

Post by Tore Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Unless you be on mac Razz
Tore
Tore
Special Agent
Special Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down