The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. ISPs Become Internet Police On July 12th

4 posters

Go down

U.S. ISPs Become Internet Police On July 12th Empty U.S. ISPs Become Internet Police On July 12th

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:28 am

Comcast, Cablevision, Verizon, Time Warner Cable and other Internet service providers in the United States will soon launch new programs to police their networks in an effort to catch digital pirates and stop illegal file-sharing. Major ISPs announced last summer that they had agreed to take new measures in an effort to prevent subscribers from illegally downloading copyrighted material, but the specifics surrounding the imminent antipiracy measures were not made available. Now, RIAA chief executive Cary Sherman has said that ISPs are ready to begin their efforts to curtail illegal movie, music and software downloads on July 12th. Read on for more.

“Each ISP has to develop their infrastructure for automating the system,” Sherman said during a talk at the annual Association of American Publishers meeting, according to CNET. Measures will also be taken to establish databases “so they can keep track of repeat infringers, so they know that this is the first notice or the third notice. Every ISP has to do it differently depending on the architecture of its particular network. Some are nearing completion and others are a little further from completion.”

Customers found to be illegally downloading copyrighted material will first receive one or two notifications from their ISPs, essentially stating that they have been caught. If the illegal downloads continue, subscribers will receive a new notice requesting acknowledgement that the notice has been received. Subsequent offenses can then result in bandwidth throttling and even service suspension.

SOURCE: bgr
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

U.S. ISPs Become Internet Police On July 12th Empty Re: U.S. ISPs Become Internet Police On July 12th

Post by [PDE]HiTMaN Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:37 am

NOo omg dude this sucks all the music that i will have to buy! ughh
[PDE]HiTMaN
[PDE]HiTMaN
Special Agent
Special Agent

Tagline Tagline : Hahaha you think you know how to use a sniper :/

Back to top Go down

U.S. ISPs Become Internet Police On July 12th Empty Re: U.S. ISPs Become Internet Police On July 12th

Post by [PDE]Vandal215 Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 am

In Russia government also made a programm to fight ageinst pirates and to make most inernet servises paid.
But,there are still a lot of servers with unpaid pirates servises=)So i think in US will be the same situation.
[PDE]Vandal215
[PDE]Vandal215
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : Mother Russia!

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]HiTMaN Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:06 am

THANK GOD
[PDE]HiTMaN
[PDE]HiTMaN
Special Agent
Special Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]EnsiferumFiN Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:15 pm

An internet provider in Finland/sweden was forced to block bad place from its users due to law. took about 6 minutes for alternative links to go to pb were up Very Happy!they cant fight this shit whatever they do
[PDE]EnsiferumFiN
[PDE]EnsiferumFiN
ENDORSER
ENDORSER

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]HiTMaN Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Ok good because music for liked 15 songs is $20 dollars and that is outrages
[PDE]HiTMaN
[PDE]HiTMaN
Special Agent
Special Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:21 pm

[PDE]HiTMaN wrote:NOo omg dude this sucks all the music that i will have to buy! ughh
Is this a joke or serious?
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]HiTMaN Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:27 pm

a little bit of both but really im a really big music guy when ever i find a new band that i like i gotta get all their albums and i so if u think about it right now i have like 3500 songs on my itunes and more getting added all the time sooo thats like 20 dollars per maybe say 15 songs... so 3500 divided by 15 is about 233. so that is the number of albums i have on my itunes (rough estimate) then multiply that by 20($20 dollars per album) so if i bought all the songs on my itunes it would cost $4660 for only 3500 songs. I think that amount of money is out rages if they kept the price to maybe 10-15 dollars per cd i would be ok with it but i mean look how much a regular cd is at the store you can buy its like %2. Soo thats my view on this.
[PDE]HiTMaN
[PDE]HiTMaN
Special Agent
Special Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]EnsiferumFiN Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:45 am

well for one...IF you buy songs (i collect cd:ees and vinyls) dont buy them in a digiatal format because you still wont "own" them and the artists dont get shit anyways, also youll never be able to proove you downloaded them legally. Second..theres no way in hell music prizes would drop due to lower piracy because this is all about money anyways.
[PDE]EnsiferumFiN
[PDE]EnsiferumFiN
ENDORSER
ENDORSER

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:13 am

[PDE]EnsiferumFiN wrote:well for one...IF you buy songs (i collect cd:ees and vinyls) dont buy them in a digiatal format because you still wont "own" them and the artists dont get shit anyways, also youll never be able to proove you downloaded them legally. Second..theres no way in hell music prizes would drop due to lower piracy because this is all about money anyways.
^^All of this. BTW Hitman, that's reaaaaaally not an excuse to take music and you have never paid for any of it? Ok bro.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]HiTMaN Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:14 am

no i have ive payed for maybe 500 of it
[PDE]HiTMaN
[PDE]HiTMaN
Special Agent
Special Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down