The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cinema and Illusion

2 posters

Go down

Cinema and Illusion Empty Cinema and Illusion

Post by Blitz Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 pm

I'd like to ask what you think of todays movies and new purelly marketing ideas like 3D. Do you often go to movie theaters? What movies do you like, and which ones do you love?

I have a passion for film (both movies and 35MM, 16MM and super8) and think that the digital era is not being as creative as was the short movies shot by George Méliès in the beginning of the XXth Century. I would like to know your thoughts about this. Smile

For example:
Blitz
Blitz
Star Agent
Star Agent

Back to top Go down

Cinema and Illusion Empty Re: Cinema and Illusion

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:36 am

Well I think the writing and production talent is lost today. They are really trying to ride this 3D thing out. I think they will try harder than years ago to make it stay, but it's pointless when most movies are bad today. I will give certain actors props though. Even if some movies' scripting is bad, actors like Samuel L Jackson and others still bring the movie out and make it enjoyable to watch.

Yea, the industry is really failing and remaking remakes and old movies...it's crazy.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 am

I can't answer how i feel and think cuz my baby english, I'll only put a movie that I love really Very Happy

Anonymous
Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:47 pm

The industry is really failing, I totally agree with you Paul. Take Star Wars for example (big big fan), the old ones were amazing, it was original (though, a lot of it was recycled from old shows) and technically, many geniuses were involved. The new ones look like video games Sad
Strangely, the video game industry is doing a better job in storytelling :S
Many directors still defend that story is crucial, some of them may be trapped in a mix of arrogance and too much ambition, and give a bad image to "cinéma d'auteur" (sorry, I don't know the term in English... author cinema? :S ). Tarantino does that: he writes his own movies, and do this guy knows what he's doing!! When he was working in a video store, he watched every movie that store had, which gave him a real solid basis for him to be able to do what he does today.

I tend to talk too much, I'll end soon, lol. If you haven't watched "The Mission", please do, it's a sad story, but incredibly rich. Not everyone will like, I guess, but that's life Very Happy Here's the main theme, by Ennio Morricone (praise him).
Sorry for all this blabla XD
Smile

Blitz
Blitz
Star Agent
Star Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: