The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2 -PDE-

2 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 -PDE- Empty Guild Wars 2 -PDE-

Post by Grim-Raven Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 am

Its been about a week now since PDE became alive on Guild Wars 2 and I believe we need to start some planning.

Guild Wars 2 is vastly different from COD when it comes to guild/clan creation and maybe we need to open this thread up for discussion on the subject.

First off, I am excited that we have a presence in this new game and while it is only 3 of us at the moment, I have NO DOUBT that we could grow the guild within the game and be a voice and force in Guild Wars.

Lets start off with the server itself. The guild was started on a French server called Arborstone [FR]. I had a hard time with language barriers there so I moved my account to Devona's Rest [US]. However, because of the way the game works, I am still able to Chat within the game with my friends on Arborstone which is amazing imo. Just today I was able to join the PDE guild from a completely different server.

While this is great news for us all, it does have its problems. In the game, guilds can work together to improve the guild, such as Guild Vaults, Guild Emblems, Guild Armorers etc.. And this unfortunately doesn't work across servers. What does this mean? Well while Ladyhawke might be building up points for a guild vault I on the [US] Server cannot use that Vault. So What ever points PDE members build up on the US server are for US players only. We can chat, we can be in same guild but we cannot actually play together.

I propose that we recruit on both sides of the world, which brings up my next question.

How in fact do we recruit? In call of duty we would be asked to join and go to the website and fill out the application for consideration. I do not see how this would work with Guild Wars. So please correct me if I am wrong, but for the guild/clan to be viable on Guild Wars we would need at least 20 people to join.

If we do choose to direct people to the webpage, maybe we need to make it more Guild Wars friendly?

Today I had 2 people ask to join PDE on Guild Wars, and honestly I didn't know what to tell them since our website doesn't really have a section yet for Guild Wars.

Lets open this up for some discussion, Guilds are already forming now for large dungeon runs etc.. and I don't want to see us left behind.

If you need to get me in game I am playing a Elementalist named Macros Grimraven whom will be leveling fast.

BTW: if you are playing in game you need to make sure that you check the tab in the guild box that allows you to REPRESENT the guild. that way you can build up points for the guild to use to better it. I found that out today and already the [US] Side of the guild has 22 points.

I am sure that we will have bumps in the road along the way but if we plan accordingly we can build up this (already great) clan/guild into Guild Wars greatness.

Let me know what you all think.
Thanks for listening to my rants.

I am sure that as I think of more stuff, ill add it to this thread. Neutral

Grim-Raven
Grim-Raven
Novice
Novice

Tagline Tagline : "That's what she said!"

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 -PDE- Empty Re: Guild Wars 2 -PDE-

Post by Grim-Raven Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:02 am

After speaking with Ladyhawke, I realized something simple that might work.

In the guild part of the game we can create lots of different ranks within the guild. How about we make the lowest rank an Initiate rank with no access to guild vaults no power at all. We can see how they are for a week and promote them to full member? Full members can have access to vaults etc.. but only officers could have the power to recruit?
Grim-Raven
Grim-Raven
Novice
Novice

Tagline Tagline : "That's what she said!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:26 am

Yh Grim, Like I told U, I look too for start, a new team in this game. It look easy but ofc, we'll work like before, we'll see cuz even me, a player wanted be in my "team" today but I even dont know who he is cuz we dont spoke together Smile

Nice post btw, U know how I like ur language^^

Btw, Blitz and Apolo (if U know him) will join us maybe Very Happy
Anonymous
Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordless Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:45 pm

and tomorrow probably i will be there too dont know nothing about mmorpg so guide me Very Happy
Cordless
Cordless
Novice
Novice

Tagline Tagline : bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:52 am

Who ??? If u start a game, like i told U, try more Borderlands 2, here U'll find me Wink
Anonymous
Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down