The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible...

+5
[PDE]-Jano-
[PDE]Damir-W
33rdWard
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]PaulKersey
9 posters

Go down

Would you like to see Black Ops 4 or Call Of Duty World At War 2?

If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible... I_vote_lcap0%If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible... I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible... I_vote_lcap100%If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible... I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 5

If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible... Empty If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible...

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 am

What do you think should be in it?

One trend I've been seeing is because of the limitation of consoles, more recent CoDs only have smaller maps now. World At War is the only CoD I can think of with the biggest maps. However, on the consoles, players were limited to 6 players per team for a total of 12 (not including Ground War mode - a console playlist). I guess the developers figured they were too big for such a small amount of players and also, they had tanks in mind back then.

Well, with the newer consoles and talks of the cloud (Xbox) and dedicated servers, would there be a possibility it could change a bit? Maybe it could just be for this one game titled World At War II. Big wars were fought in this era and it could be the perfect setting for fights on the battlefield. It would also be a win for consoles and PC as PC could have proper dedicated servers again and expand the limits of the players.

Many ranges of weapons can be used and maps could be expanded on with the greatness of the first WaW. I would like to see vehicles return and the inclusion of Jeeps. I would love to see 'battle chatter' return (things that the soldiers yell out when you are close in multiplayer) and I believe WaW had the best battle chatter in all of the series. I can't find an example at the moment, but many WaW players know. Also, the great music:

One important game mode I would like to see return (and I'm definitely not the only one) is the great 'War' gametype. That is a beautiful mode, but had it's limitations on PC. I would love to see that mode become a full reality in a WaW II game.

There's many more things I would want to see, but here's a general list of things that should make the game if this were to ever happen:

Real User Dedicated Servers - Can't stress this one enough. Every year that the PC community asks for them, there's always a catch or a trick and it's just terrible. All we have been asking for is CoD4/CoDWaW style dedicated servers. They would solve so many problems. I don't see why both matchmaking and real dedicated servers can't exist. If only one could be had, we would choose dedicated servers. I wouldn't ask for mod tools because I understand the business.

Larger Maps - Some that are the size of WaW or a bit larger would be good. 'Outskirts' map is a good example. We know there would be some medium and a couple of small maps to round out variety.

Vehicles - Jeeps and other vehicles would play a good role in transportation across a few maps. They won't be on every map, but vehicles can give good diversity to the game.

CoDWaW Type Battle Chatter - It's beautiful to hear all of the yells and shouting of war as well as the informational chatting from the other soldiers on the field. "Sniper in the Administration building!" "They ain't seein' s***!" (when a soldier throws a flare to distract the enemy).

PS: The Russian commander is great in CoDWaW.

A Return To 32+ Players - A lot of roomy maps have epic moments like Outskirts (my favorite overall map) because it has every thing about the game in it. It has the sniper tower and lots of long range shooting points, the bridge, many ways to flank the enemy, close quarters gun play, interiors and lots of space outside, vehicles, hills - it just has everything. Then there's the battle across the train tracks on Seelow and the wide open areas it has, but also the closer areas when you need cover to get around the large shootouts and take care of business. It all feels good because of the many players and comrads at war on the maps all playing their roles.

Those are just some of the things I would like to see. What do your players out there think about a WaW II? Have you ever wished it would be a reality?

Also, see: If A World At War 2 Was Being Made, What Could Be Some Of The Killstreaks?

Last edited by [PDE]PaulKersey on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:03 am; edited 4 times in total
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible... Empty Re: If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible...

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:53 pm

bump for new readers
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible... Empty Re: If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible...

Post by [PDE]Cannonf0dd3r Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:11 pm

A shame it is unlikely to happen. But I would love it! Has to be WWII as well.
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
[PDE]Cannonf0dd3r
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:32 am

If you all out there have any opinions, post them here below.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:35 am

thought i'd bump this
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:53 pm

[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 33rdWard Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:08 am

I always hope for another WWII in the CoD series, and it never happens. To me it's just much more fun having an historical war rather than a fictional future war theme. And lots of players, it's so much more fun with 20-45 people playing.

And besides I can use guns I own IRL if I want, like a Mosin-Nagant or Tokarev.
33rdWard
33rdWard
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:07 am

I agree. There have been rumors for 2015, but I think Treyarch is scared. It would be a good time to make WaW2 its own game by:

*Finally using a larger player count like 32 for consoles and 32+ for PC.
*They could make more maps the size of Outskirts (one of the best in WaW)
*Bring back the vehicles in CoDUO and CoD3,
*Add some of the cut killstreaks and maps
*Finish up some of the cut game modes (like Tank War)
*Fix War mode and make it a highlight of the game
*Add a bit more color / get rid of that yellowish look
*Bring user dedicated servers with more info for players that don't know how to use a server browser to filter out servers
*Ranked or Unranked Custom servers similar to MW3 (I'd take Unranked alone if we can still complete non-gun challenges and leave Ranked to matchmaking servers)

Homefront wasn't as good of a game, but it showed what people were looking for in multiplayer. The maps were a bit dull and not that exciting, but they had the idea right. There are people that like what a battlefield-type of game has to offer, but like the smooth control and twitch of Call Of Duty. One of the only games that could bring that package together is WaW2. Medal Of Honor could do that - even modern, but I don't think DICE would get that feel like a CoD team would. Plus, the announcers are the best out of any CoD in existence and the battle chatter amongst soldiers (sniper in the administration building!, they ain't seein' shit! - when throwing a flare) is much more involving and lifelike than any other CoD.

This was a fake btw: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/call-of-duty-world-at-war-ii-might-be-shooting-in-2015/
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Damir-W Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:17 pm

All games have part I, part II, part III... etc.
Only (the best game ever) WAW have only part I.

But i think, i wish, i hope... that will be cod WAW part II.
With this all new console and stuff, must... Very Happy
[PDE]Damir-W
[PDE]Damir-W
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : Gema, oida...

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]-Jano- Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:45 pm

I like the old reality better as well....but guys.....I think we grow up on those movies and stories from the ww2.
todays youngsters (i mean the bigest playing group) dont see nothing special in the ww2. is for them like ww1 or some medieval war. just not popular enough thema. and the game developers have ofcourse their researches and statistics. so I dont realy see it hapen... the waw2, but it would be awsome....if they would not mess it up Very Happy
[PDE]-Jano-
[PDE]-Jano-
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:47 am

Check this out guys. This is an old game, so the maker of the vid had a guest play with him to show some of the features of this game and you will have to keep an open mind about that. These are the vehicles I would like to see return. I would also father see you throw a grenade in the tank since a rider in the top seat on CoDWaW is pointless and gets shot right away lol

[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Vandal215 Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:47 am

Unfortunatuly CoD always didnt have good vehicle system=(I hope they will realise that in CoD WaW2
[PDE]Vandal215
[PDE]Vandal215
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : Mother Russia!

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:03 am

Well, I think for gun skins, since they can't do modern ones, they could go for simple skins like:

Black
Silver
Matte
and something else here, but that's the idea.

I would like WaW2 to be something along the scope of Homefront/Battlefield, but in Call Of Duty's own way (see Outskirts map, 32+ players) and bring back vehicles from CoDUO and CoD3. War mode is a must and the last flag spawns can't be too close to the edge of a map. Bring them in some.

No yellowish tent or near black and white scenery. An Underworld (the movie) colored and lighted map would be cool, but at least bring in a bit more color and self shadowing; less brown (yeah I know its WWII, but artists are good).

Just remember to make the game more about the fights one the field and this CoD can be separate from the other two (or 3). This should be the only CoD to go in that direction because it can - it's WWII.

We all wish this was possible
If Call Of Duty: World At War 2 Was Possible... ApcsAb5
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:24 pm

[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]FlashDeath Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:46 pm

No comments. All thats we want is WW2
[PDE]FlashDeath
[PDE]FlashDeath
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [ICE]FrostMourn Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:31 am

The suggestions for WaW2 you describe remind me a lot of Battle Field games

not sure if you had heard yet, but It is going to be Black Ops 3, but basically another advanced warfare game
[ICE]FrostMourn
[ICE]FrostMourn
Trainee
Trainee

Tagline Tagline : Frost

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:35 am

[ICE]FrostMourn wrote:The suggestions for WaW2  you describe remind me a lot of Battle Field games

not sure if you had heard yet, but It is going to be Black Ops 3, but basically another advanced warfare game

Well heh CoD was doing a lot of this in its early days. As for BO3, already done:
http://www.pdelite.net/t3690-the-next-call-of-duty-will-be-black-ops-iii
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Scrinn Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:55 pm

In the Black Ops 3 story mode a few missions were World War 2 in a way. It made me really want more World War games
[PDE]Scrinn
[PDE]Scrinn
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for

http://www.twitch.tv/thescrin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:09 pm

Do you think that was intentional to get a reaction? I'm gonna check out youtube and watch.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Scrinn Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:10 pm

I have a previous broadcast that have the levels in it
[PDE]Scrinn
[PDE]Scrinn
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for

http://www.twitch.tv/thescrin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:30 pm

Read from the bottom up:
TovarishTony - liked WaW more than modern theme FPS
Fett-Mankey - less talkin more shootin
Papawolf12 - ^
csgo_scrub - ^
PremiumMeme - waw, cod4 and mw2 were the best 3 cods ever
Papawolf12 - wasnt this remade in one of the cods?
PremiumMeme - it was a nice simple game tho
Papawolf12 - true
PremiumMeme - yeah
PremiumMeme - i had SO many hours on mw3 tho
PremiumMeme - mw2 was great
TovarishTony - but still decent
TovarishTony - not MW2 level
PremiumMeme - graphics were shitty
PremiumMeme - i didnt like bo1
TovarishTony - gotta miss BO1's cold war concept that f'd up by BO2
Allstar26 - i wish there were zombie servers
PremiumMeme - gg psycho
Fett-Mankey - Kiefer Sutherland thanks all of you for your service!
Papawolf12 - it
Papawolf12 - i would buy ir
Papawolf12 - even if they just remade this
PremiumMeme - GG BOYS
GoldenMur - OH YEA
Darkdude-Ben - gg
Allstar26 - gg
GoldenMur - FINALL KILL
HD-MadMax - GG
YTBeasty - mw2 is thwway to go
Papawolf12 - gg
Papawolf12 - ikr
PremiumMeme - AW was AIDSS
Papawolf12 - like man, i need an old game again
Papawolf12 - now AW, and bo3
Papawolf12 - bo2 wasnt too futuristic
TovarishTony - became AW
Bruhaker (TEAM) BO2 was the last good CoD game
TovarishTony - AW
Papawolf12 - i need an old game again
PremiumMeme - they executed bo2 well tho
csgo_scrub - 2007-2010 was the best
Allstar26 - the WAW community is like the best call of duty community out there
YTBeasty - bo2 did the futuristic shit well though
Papawolf12 - jesus man
Papawolf12 - in bo2 it was semi futuristic but now
Papawolf12 - yeah
TovarishTony - Futuristic shit started from BO2
Papawolf12 - true
PremiumMeme - ghosts had SO much potential
Allstar26 - ya every cod past ghosts sucks
Papawolf12 - its all downhill from ghosts
Papawolf12 - this is when cod was at its peak
TovarishTony - had Red Orchestra 2 on Steam as well
PremiumMeme - i was looking at it yesterday
Allstar26 - besides BO1 and BO2
YTBeasty - yes
TheCabbageLo - rwDwds
Papawolf12 - yes
Papawolf12 - i pray that they make an old time game like this
PremiumMeme - is cod 4 worth buying on the pc ????
YTBeasty - this shit is much more fun
Allstar26 - this is like the best call of duty made
[PDE]emiPL_ - !nt slay
Fett-Mankey - theyre making another ww2 game i heard
Papawolf12 - futuristic shit is so boring
YTBeasty - i like bo3 but its getting bs
TovarishTony - the Cold War concept of BO1 was thrown out of the window in BO2
Papawolf12 - i really hope they make a WAW2 next
GoldenMur - WTF??
Papawolf12 - bo3 is shit
Allstar26 - same COD isnt the same now
Papawolf12 - ikr
PremiumMeme - yeah fuck that i sold my xbox
TovarishTony - saw BO3 on youtube and man futuristic crap again like BO2
YTBeasty - its great to get off of bo3 once in a while
PremiumMeme - i wish call of duty was still like this
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum