The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The State Of Call Of Duty World At War

Go down

The State Of Call Of Duty World At War Empty The State Of Call Of Duty World At War

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Hello to all.

As many of you know, there has been a sharp decline in population in WaW last year and moreso between the end of last year and this year. The latter was due to the anti-cheat tool Punkbuster no longer being updated for CoD4/WaW by the company that makes it. That caused people to not get auto-updated through the server anymore and getting kicked for having wrong or outdated versions.

We currently have 3 CoDWaW servers with 2 of them mostly empty, even for weekends. It would make sense that one of these are shut down since there's not enough population for servers these days. I know players from one half of the world would hate that and, of course, I've never wanted that, but it only makes sense to keep the server with the most population. I don't see any reason to keep a server open for an average of 12 players, but maybe you players on server #2 could give a reason for that.

[This next paragraph is quite long. You can read on or skip to the next.]
I've been surprised in the lack of popularity for this game. If it's due to WWII, well Treyarch couldn't help that at the time CoD4 blew up because they were already making this game. I heavily dislike WWII, but I feel the game is superior to CoD4 and that's not hard since CoD4 was first to do what it did before WaW so there's a chance to fix some things in the next game, which is what WaW did. WaW still has its share of problems, but from the squad leaders and officers to the battle chatter on the field amongst soldiers, from being the first Call Of Duty game with 4 Player Campaign Co-Op, from being the first to introduce its own version of a side game of Zombies, the dismemberment of bodies, the music, the sounds of each gun on the battlefield and being able to tell which ones are being shot, even on a 32+ player server compared to the sounds on CoD4, the much bigger maps to hold those large battles in and more, and this puts it above 4 in my opinion. Like others, I used to say it was CoD4, but the more I played between the two, I see how WaW stands above it. If I had a big gripe about WaW, it's that since they were representing a certain era, they used lots of brown, yellow, and gray, but I think they went overboard with that in some areas.

World At War is the last great Call Of Duty game made with PC in mind. Things have changed in the games industry since this game was released in 2008 and since, the PC has been skipped over very disrespectfully. Due to this, we've been on CoD4 and WaW for years.

I hope the players and members read this post so they won't start asking questions later for not visiting the site every now and then to keep up with changes.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down