The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4)

+14
/NBK/LadyCinell
FPS_Juggernaut
Sonicboom99
Librali85
Torq2
tristanbear1999
Master Lynx
Majchrzak
Mihajlon
[PDE]Damir-W
sandman567
white man asd
[PDE]PaulKersey
Pein
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix  (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4) Empty How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4)

Post by Pein Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:15 am

Best CoDWaW Servers
87.98.133.188:28961
216.155.148.238:28960

Main Menu/Find Game/Add To Favorites

PunkBuster Self Installer (Easiest For Those New To PC-No Registration Needed-Download And Double Click And It's All You Need)
Edit (updated): http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/asJa3WKU/file.html
Thanks To Shpati [ALB]

Turn Game Off Before Installing

MANUAL INSTALL: PLEASE TURN GAME OFF FIRST

=================================================
Edited Pein's message by [PDE]PaulKersey (xfire: kersey001)
Tags: PB_INIT_FAILURE, PB Kick, Punkbuster kick, PB Fix, Punkbuster Fix, X Punkbuster kicked player 'X' for 0 minutes... PB INIT FAILURE (If this problem persists visit evenbalance.com and click support to manually update punkbuster
=================================================

This is for all punkbuster enabled servers. For newcomers, Punkbuster is anti-cheat software in case you're wondering why servers have it enabled.

If you all are wondering why come here instead of the going to the main punkbuster site, as of the end of 2013, punkbuster support has been dropped for CoD4 and CoDWaW and is not on the list at their site. Just follow the simple guide below.

If you haven't had any problems with punkbuster, then you are fine. Don't change anything.

Video Demonstration For Manual Install by thefreezy96
CoDWaW: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sdifopf7v91bc9p/codwaw_win32.zip 

First, download and run THIS FILE. It will install the main Punkbuster. If you already have Punkbuster (it installs with CoDWaW already), then skip this part and go to the next.

Next, download the CoDWaW or CoD4 specific files below and copy them to the required folder explained in the download. Alternatively, you can download the WaW installer versions at the bottom of the page (for Steam or Retail CD) and just double click and they will put the files where they should go. Don't have the game running while installing.

Don't download a file called PBSETUP for this game as it doesn't have the CoDWaW/CoD4 tab there anymore and may cause crashes. Only download the file above and the file below.

pein wrote:good luck guys and gals, it took me a while to figure out how to do it. cheers

If you need more help, type in our front page chatbox. To get back to the front page, click the portal tab at the top of the site or the links.

EXTRA INFO FOR MANUAL INSTALL: Some people may be doing this wrong.
The /pb folder inside the pack downloaded here goes into your main Call Of Duty World At War folder. It should look like "Call Of Duty World At War/pb" not "Call Of Duty World At War/pb/pb"

Retail (Disc) Version:

"X:\Program Files\Activision\Call Of Duty World At War\pb"

Steam Version:

32-Bit - "X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Call Of Duty World At War\pb"
64-Bit - "X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call Of Duty World At War\pb"

Also, for fun, check out "If Call Of Duty World At War 2 Was Possible"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CoDWaW PunkBuster Self Installer (Easiest For Those New To PC-No Registration Needed-Download And Double Click)
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/80276094/file.html
Attachments
How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix  (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4) Attachment
CoD4 PB Files.zip This Is For The Great COD4 - Manual FilesYou don't have permission to download attachments.(4.3 Mb) Downloaded 193 times
How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix  (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4) Attachment
Punkbuster for CODWAW.zip This is for the Legendary CODWAW - Auto-Installer (updated)You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Mb) Downloaded 151 times

Last edited by Pein on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Pein
Pein
Trooper
Trooper

Back to top Go down

How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix  (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4) Empty Re: How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4)

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:20 am

Well I gave you early rep+ for this, even though we don't know if it works yet. Thank you for posting this informative help. It can help others with this problem. You're the man, Pein. Keep it up!

Edit: To check for problems even when you've updated PB, download . This will tell you if your files work properly or not.

Since the new components have been installed, I now get kicked from PunkBuster servers for "handshaking failed" or "Losing Key Packets", how can I fix that?

Some other software programs such as virus scanners, firewalls and Internet security software packages are suspicious of any new services and kernel drivers when they are first released. Some of these will block our new components thereby causing the "Losing Key Packets" kicking. Until these various packages are updated to correctly identify PnkBstrA.exe, PnkBstrB.exe, and PnkBstrK.sys as components of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat System, players who experience PunkBuster kicks due to these conflicts need to either manually adjust the settings of the other software running on their system or disable the other software while playing on PunkBuster enabled servers. The new PunkBuster components make use of network resources and also frequently update files in the Windows system folders. This activity triggers warnings or blocks by some other security programs, some of which consider all unknown programs as threats or malware. Our new components are simply extensions of the existing PunkBuster system using new services and kernel software drivers, and are each signed with Verisign / Authenticode digital signatures for verifiable authenticity purposes. Most major security packages do not block our new components; users with other software that causes these conflicts should contact the vendor of their security package and request an update to correct this conflict.

Why is all this necessary?

Starting with Windows Vista, there is a greater focus on security (which is a good thing). Unfortunately, however, with this focus comes a bit of complexity. In order for games having PunkBuster integrated to be more secure, the part of PunkBuster that needs full access to the computer for scanning purposes now must run all the time at the system level. This is necessary due to new Microsoft requirements for gaming under Windows.

Last edited by [PDE]PaulKersey on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:19 pm; edited 6 times in total
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix  (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4) Empty Re: How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4)

Post by white man asd Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:24 am

i have done every thinks but when i go into the server and i type in console: /pb_sv_restart, nothing happen!

i am kicked out of the game every timi Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

sorry for my ba english Wink
white man asd
white man asd
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:38 am

white man asd wrote:i have done every thinks but when i go into the server and i type in console: /pb_sv_restart, nothing happen!

i am kicked out of the game every timi Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

sorry for my ba english Wink

You shouldn't need that command. Try my link above yours^^

click on PBSVC.EXE
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white man asd Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 am

i try it,

when he finish to cheking,he says test completed without error Neutral
white man asd
white man asd
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Up Smile
Anonymous
Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 pm

For those getting kicked from CoDWaW with Punkbuster Failure, it's because it needs to be updated to it's final version. You can do that through the second and first posts above.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sandman567 Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:36 am

hi pls i need help i was try anything from this page but i cant still play.punkbuster kick me out. i download game from pirate buy from nos team 1.7 patch pls help me
sandman567
sandman567
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:51 am

We can't help you with pirate.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Damir-W Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:30 am

I had problems too, with PB.
But, I followed instructions and did it.
Thanks PDE!Very Happy
[PDE]Damir-W
[PDE]Damir-W
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : Gema, oida...

Back to top Go down

How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix  (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4) Empty This Sheat Doesent Work !!!!!!!!!

Post by Mihajlon Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:40 pm

I have been following the instructions do the last word and it still doesent work i used to play on pde servers all the time but now i have been kicked for some reason and the pde admins wont awnser my emails for help **** you guys i used to love you to play in your servers all the time but now cant and mybe i could if you guys could awnser me !!!!! 10.16.2013
and i have the 1.7 as i had before and then i could play on your servers but i had to reinstall my cod 5 and now  i cant join !!! and yes paul i checked your link and it says that it has finished without an error and i still cant join can you some how tell me why am i kicked or is something wrong with my version my PB says that the game is updated to the latest verison !
Mihajlon
Mihajlon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:20 am

Ok. Couple things. Do a screenshot of the message you get when trying to join. If you happen to have Xfire, add me. Info is under our avatar/picture here. We will try and help you as much as possible.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihajlon Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:30 pm

[PDE]PaulKersey wrote:Ok. Couple things. Do a screenshot of the message you get when trying to join. If you happen to have Xfire, add me. Info is under our avatar/picture here. We will try and help you as much as possible.
i have askeds you on Xfire but you blocked me ! and you wont awnser my messages AND WOW SO much for helping
Mihajlon
Mihajlon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Mihajlon wrote:
[PDE]PaulKersey wrote:Ok. Couple things. Do a screenshot of the message you get when trying to join. If you happen to have Xfire, add me. Info is under our avatar/picture here. We will try and help you as much as possible.
i have askeds you on Xfire but you blocked me ! and you wont awnser my messages AND WOW SO much for helping
If you have used the same name you have used here, then I haven't blocked you at all. I've seen one person recently that didn't have your name add me to Xfire and talk in gibberish for a while and I asked if he/she had something to say and he said "Why you banned me?" and went offline. I haven't seen he/she since. I doubt that was you under another name "miksaleks". I've been waiting for your response here ever since I posted last.

Now, you can find me on Xfire and if you use any other names, tell me here. If you get me a screenshot of the problem with Xfire, that would also be helpful. If you don't do any of these things, how can I help you?
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihajlon Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:10 am

YES I am that he under the name miksaleks and im sorry for that last time ive sended you some messages but you didnt awnser them back ok i will send you a screen shoot of what apears
Mihajlon
Mihajlon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:28 am

bumped because some changes have taken place at the end of 2013
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majchrzak Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:31 pm

How to get permission to download files? I asked in game but your clan member was busy  Wink 
Majchrzak
Majchrzak
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Majchrzak wrote:How to get permission to download files? I asked in game but your clan member was busy  Wink 

You don't need any permission. Just download. They are for everyone.

Edit: There may have been an error with the download. Try now.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

How to manually update your punk buster, PB_INIT_FAILURE Fix  (CoDWaW/CoD5/CoD4) Empty permission

Post by Master Lynx Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:05 pm

well funny cause it say same thing to me, i need permission to download so i cant download atm if this is a bugg or little problem fix this plxx^^
Master Lynx
Master Lynx
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Majchrzak Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:10 pm

Yeah, still permission is needed. Could you share files on any web hosting and provide a link? I would be very grateful Smile
Majchrzak
Majchrzak
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Ill fix it. Give me a second.

Try now. Please let me know if it's working.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majchrzak Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:26 pm

Works! Thank you! Wink
Majchrzak
Majchrzak
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Thank you also for letting us know.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:49 am

I still see people saying pb doesn't work. If you need real time help, add me on Xfire

http://media.xfire.com/xfire/client/xfsite/xfire_installer.exe

name: kersey001

Tel me the message you're getting and I will work with you. You can also tell me here and I will answer you.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tristanbear1999 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:47 am

Thanks bro, was having issues trying to play! Now I can finally kill some people in WW2 era!!!
 cheers Very Happy 
tristanbear1999
tristanbear1999
Beginner
Beginner

Tagline Tagline : Sounds aboot rite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next