The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW

+8
[PDE]EnsiferumFiN
Fjeldpus
Sonic7
[PDE]Vandal215
[PDE]MikeScofield
[PDE]Savage3X
[PDE]OM3GA_
[PDE]PaulKersey
12 posters

Go down

Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW (Discussion In WaW Forum)

Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_lcap7%Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_lcap14%Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_lcap14%Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_lcap43%Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]
Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_lcap7%Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW Empty Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:30 pm

We can't have a bunch of modes for obvious reasons and player [MEOW]A_N00B has suggested we try another map for CTF. Of course this will be difficult, but we could probably choose a medium map for it. Any selected map will have to be after the current CTF map in the rotation (Unless we move Domination to another map also), excluding small maps.

Vote switching is allowed.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW Empty Re: Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW

Post by [PDE]OM3GA_ Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Can you launch also one map with WAR mode (twar)? On Upheaval for example Smile
[PDE]OM3GA_
[PDE]OM3GA_
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Blue&Yellow

Back to top Go down

Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW Empty Re: Pick A Map For CTF To Be Moved To - CoDWaW

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:23 pm

OMEGA545454 wrote:Can you launch also one map with WAR mode (twar)? On Upheaval for example Smile

Bad map for it. Anyways, we talked on xfire, so this is an old question, but I'll answer it for others. War mode can't be done with lots of players. If there are many players, the server will crash. If that wasn't a problem, it would've been the first mode we added.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Savage3X Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 pm

this means if we choose a map from the list, it will be no more a team deathmatch map?
[PDE]Savage3X
[PDE]Savage3X
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : Shoot First, then Ask

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:00 pm

[PDE]Savage3X wrote:this means if we choose a map from the list, it will be no more a team deathmatch map?
lol well you can't have TDM and CTF at the same time hehe (although some players will play it like that). You are picking a map to move CTF to so CTF can be played on that map. The map that it's on currently will become a TDM map.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]MikeScofield Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:01 pm

My votes goes to "Station" or "Seelow". Station isnt a good map, so 8 mins of CTF will be enough to survive that. I thought about Seelow because it slows my mind while trying to play that, but im not sure if anyone would pay attention on this mode when they will get tanks and ptrs. Station should be better at all.

Btw. Seelow rocks with "WAR" mode Smile
[PDE]MikeScofield
[PDE]MikeScofield
Persistent Moderator
Persistent Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:38 pm

lol I think Station would be a bad idea for the mode as it only has one direction, but we can try it out. I know a lot of those maps aren't good choices, but we would have to move Domination to another map if we want more map choices.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]MikeScofield Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:59 pm

You wouldnt move ctf for Roundhouse or Castle, cause players will adore you with words like "wtf is that?"

Station is hated, so it should be a place to play something different than runs around that pointless tube.

About dumbination, i would remove that permamently.
[PDE]MikeScofield
[PDE]MikeScofield
Persistent Moderator
Persistent Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Vandal215 Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:00 pm

CTF in Station is awful,half of the team stay in respawn rooms and camp all the time!Thats not interesting!CTF in Roundhouse or Castle would me much better and interesting to play.
[PDE]Vandal215
[PDE]Vandal215
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Tagline Tagline : Mother Russia!

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:46 pm

I have to agree with Vandal on this. I was watching last night cringing at it. Let's see how it goes for today. I think Kneedeep looks like the only decent map for it so far. Most players hate the map, but at least with CTF on it, it will go by faster.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonic7 Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Maybe NightFire?could be a good map for Ctf with different routes, not too big not too small.
Sonic7
Sonic7
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fjeldpus Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 am

[PDE]Vandal215 wrote:CTF in Station is awful,half of the team stay in respawn rooms and camp all the time!Thats not interesting!CTF in Roundhouse or Castle would me much better and interesting to play.

Agree. I think this two maps roundhouse or castle in my eyes is the best pick
Fjeldpus
Fjeldpus
Beginner
Beginner

Tagline Tagline : From Norway We Come

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]EnsiferumFiN Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Im not seeing Breach here, why not make the worst camper infested swamp something with obejctives? It worked for revolution
[PDE]EnsiferumFiN
[PDE]EnsiferumFiN
ENDORSER
ENDORSER

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Heh, just my opinion, but I think whatever mode we put there would be bad due to what you just said. Everyone would already be posted and aimed somewhere. If everyone asked for it, sure I'd put it in, but I'd definitely be watching with popcorn from the spectator seat.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:17 pm

I don't know why there have been more votes recently for CTF on Station, but I moved it back to that map and I don't think it goes well in my opinion. I need some feedback from others on this.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]MikeScofield Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:54 pm

I would like to switch dumbination for CTF at these maps where it is now.
[PDE]MikeScofield
[PDE]MikeScofield
Persistent Moderator
Persistent Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:58 pm

You want CTF back on Banzai?
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]Gavran Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Station was not bad as Domination,
but i do not like how it is played (with majority of the players playing it as TDM) as CTF.
I like Banzai as Domination Smile and i would not mind if it is switched to CTF.
Domination has more options for playing it more diverse,
where CTF could lead in "trenching up", (since goals are 2 fixed positions) or it ends up pretty quick because of initial confusion of players.
So definitely Station not as CTF.
Cheers
[PDE]Gavran
[PDE]Gavran
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]-Jano- Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:38 pm

I think more people woted for ctf station in hope to change the experience a bit. I woted so. Tough I did not play CTF in there, I like the domination better than TDM in there. Maybe it can be interesting to play Free for all in the station map.
[PDE]-Jano-
[PDE]-Jano-
CoDWaW Full Admin
CoDWaW Full Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:34 am

-Jano- wrote:I think more people woted for ctf station in hope to change the experience a bit. I woted so. Tough I did not play CTF in there, I like the domination better than TDM in there. Maybe it can be interesting to play Free for all in the station map.

'_A_N00B' brought up doing a FFA map, but that could get ugly. I wouldn't mind switching it once while the game is live, but I wouldn't want to see that in the actual rotation.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DropShot Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:30 am

What about doing a headquarters game? Upheaval is a overall good map.
DropShot
DropShot
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:33 am

HQ is already in. It's Kneedeep. Upheaval is a great map, but probably small for CTF.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingMad Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Dancing Mad loves CTF.

DancingMad
DancingMad
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down