The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox720 doesnt work without an internet connection

+2
[PDE]PaulKersey
PDE]Chaos Theory
6 posters

Go down

Xbox720 doesnt work without an internet connection Empty Xbox720 doesnt work without an internet connection

Post by PDE]Chaos Theory Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:27 pm

The next Xbox: Always online, no second-hand games, 50GB Blu-ray discs and new Kinect

Microsoft’s next console will require an Internet connection in order to function, ruling out a second-hand game market for the platform. A new iteration of Xbox Live will be an integral part of Microsoft’s next console, while improved Kinect hardware will also ship alongside the unit.

Sources with first-hand experience of Microsoft’s next generation console have told us that although the next Xbox will be absolutely committed to online functionality, games will still be made available to purchase in physical form. Next Xbox games will be manufactured on 50GB-capacity Blu-ray discs, Microsoft having conceded defeat to Sony following its ill-fated backing of the HD-DVD format. It is believed that games purchased on disc will ship with activation codes, and will have no value beyond the initial user.

Our source has also confirmed that the next Xbox’s recently rumoured specs are entirely accurate. That means an AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, a D3D11.x 800MHz graphics solution and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. As of now, the console’s hard drive capacity is said to be undecided, but Microsoft’s extended commitment to online delivery suggests that it will be the largest unit it has put inside a console to date.

Though the architectures of the next-gen Xbox and PlayStation both resemble that of PCs, several development sources have told us that Sony’s solution is preferable when it comes to leveraging power. Studios working with the next-gen Xbox are currently being forced to work with only approved development libraries, while Sony is encouraging coders to get closer to the metal of its box. Furthermore, the operating system overhead of Microsoft’s next console is more oppressive than Sony’s equivalent, giving the PlayStation-badged unit another advantage.

Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft is continuing to invest heavily in motion-control interfaces, and a new, more reliably responsive Kinect will also ship alongside the next Xbox. Sony’s next-generation console camera system is said to have a similar set of features, and is expected to be discussed at the company’s PlayStation event on February 20.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/
PDE]Chaos Theory
PDE]Chaos Theory
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Bernie mac mofo, u wouldnt understand!

Back to top Go down

Xbox720 doesnt work without an internet connection Empty Re: Xbox720 doesnt work without an internet connection

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Lol welcome to the new world of console gaming. Well I was off that ship 9-10 years ago. I guess they are cool to have, but they would only be sitting under my main system - an actual PC.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Xbox720 doesnt work without an internet connection Empty Re: Xbox720 doesnt work without an internet connection

Post by caho Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 pm

totally agree whit u paul, they're always cool to have. soccer games and few other games are cool in console, fps and rts are built for pc peripherals. pc will always be more "powerfull" in terms of graphics wise and no console will have that customisation freedom that only pc gives u. i read somewhere (portuguese gaming magazine) that also playstation will have a internet connection everytime u want to play a game. imo that's an awesome way to fight piracy. either way, i'll stick to pc even though i envy playstation games cause they're almost cheat free, or total cheat free....
caho
caho
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]capartt Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:54 am

The only reason i ever had a console was for NCAA ,Forza Motorsport, and local play.
[PDE]capartt
[PDE]capartt
Agent
Agent

Tagline Tagline : I live every week like its shark week.

http://capartt.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Terza Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 pm

I used to love my PSX which I could play at home or take it to a friend and play Tomb Rider or Crash all night. Today it seems that if you are not at home logged in and internet connection and sitting in the chair they want you to and playing the games they want you to and... Bah.
Terza
Terza
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 pm

[PDE]Terza wrote:
I used to love my PSX which I could play at home or take it to a friend and play Tomb Rider or Crash all night. Today it seems that if you are not at home logged in and internet connection and sitting in the chair they want you to and playing the games they want you to and... Bah.

This. I don't think gaming will continue to be fun, at least on the console, but it has an effect on the PC also sadly.

I know Sony will take way backwards compatibility because it doesn't make the future the money that they will want/need. So, they will resell you a lot of those games to gain extra profit. Micro$oft doesn't really even care about gaming and it's so obvious. Their goal was to lure them in with games first and then get them hooked onto Xbox Live where they will then sell them all other sorts of things. Their form of games comes from buying exclusive time with their party companies so they can get games or DLC first (especially DLC) to their console and make people believe they should buy their system - which broke on consumers many times and they just went and bought a new one because it seems cheaper than buying a $500 - $400 console from Sony.

I remember when you would get extra content by way of a simple patch because the developer cared. Now, you get DLC - things that would usually already be a part of the game, taken out and sold to you if you want the complete experience, so now you have 50% of the game at $60.

I don't think people will enjoy this 'next gen' as well as they are hoping and pushing for. Development gets expensive and cost will be passed on to the consumer with 4-5 hours of playtime in the average game and DLC will get even crazier.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]capartt Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:08 pm

[PDE]PaulKersey wrote:
This. I don't think gaming will continue to be fun, at least on the console, but it has an effect on the PC also sadly.

I know Sony will take way backwards compatibility because it doesn't make the future the money that they will want/need. So, they will resell you a lot of those games to gain extra profit. Micro$oft doesn't really even care about gaming and it's so obvious. Their goal was to lure them in with games first and then get them hooked onto Xbox Live where they will then sell them all other sorts of things. Their form of games comes from buying exclusive time with their party companies so they can get games or DLC first (especially DLC) to their console and make people believe they should buy their system - which broke on consumers many times and they just went and bought a new one because it seems cheaper than buying a $500 - $400 console from Sony.

I remember when you would get extra content by way of a simple patch because the developer cared. Now, you get DLC - things that would usually already be a part of the game, taken out and sold to you if you want the complete experience, so now you have 50% of the game at $60.

I don't think people will enjoy this 'next gen' as well as they are hoping and pushing for. Development gets expensive and cost will be passed on to the consumer with 4-5 hours of playtime in the average game and DLC will get even crazier.

This is so true. I think i might start gambling or fighting chickens to kill time instead of getting the "next gen" of console, at least it'll be cheaper.

[PDE]capartt
[PDE]capartt
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Tore Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:44 pm

This is so true. I think i might start gambling or fighting chickens to kill time instead of getting the "next gen" of console, at least it'll be cheaper.

LOL i wish i could do that i see chickens every day but like in Skyrim: they are gods Very Happy you touch them and farmers chase you about with pitchforks so... i can't Sad anyway i can trie with forest animals (bears, oxes...) or bulls Razz
Tore
Tore
Special Agent
Special Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by [PDE]capartt Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 pm

[PDE]ToreHD wrote:

LOL i wish i could do that i see chickens every day but like in Skyrim: they are gods Very Happy you touch them and farmers chase you about with pitchforks so... i can't Sad anyway i can trie with forest animals (bears, oxes...) or bulls Razz

Lol I a few in real life and there just as snobby. But i wont really fight them, but there mean as shit.
[PDE]capartt
[PDE]capartt
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down