The PDE Gamers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7|25 Server Moved

Go down

7|25 Server Moved Empty 7|25 Server Moved

Post by [PDE]PaulKersey Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:41 am

Well, I had been talking to our server provider for a couple of weeks about France and the reason that server location was picked. I sampled a few French servers before we ever had our own. Those servers went very well and it's what motivated us to pick a French location for a wider audience that would have lower latency compared to other servers.

However, this server we used to have actually had a latency problem for people outside of that area. After constantly talking to our server provider, he gave me an IP number and told me to ping it. I did and i couldn't believe it. It was 104 ping AND the server is actually further from France (but much lower ping) when I'm positioned in the US. It should also be good for other surrounding areas. He informed me that he had just purchased new servers in the Netherlands (Nederland) and that he would move me right away. I told him we needed time to inform everyone first.

I know it took a while to get up to rank 16 with that server, but look how fast it was achieved. This server is a brand new server with brand new (latest) parts. I think this early investment will be better for us in the long run.

Right now, the old server seems to be having some difficulties performing, but I figure since we had it for one more week, why not make it a Search & Destroy server for the fans.

Sorry about all the hard work, but we will get it back.
[PDE]PaulKersey
[PDE]PaulKersey
CoDWaW Senior Admin
CoDWaW Senior Admin

Tagline Tagline : Look out! Badass Loader!

http://www.pdelite.net

Back to top Go down